Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    help with copyright

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help with copyright
 Login/Join

posted
hi people, i only just found out about this site. two friends and i wish to adapt one of mr bradburys stories (the toynbee convector) into a short animated film, we arent professionals and we wont be trying to make money on this but we thought it would be proper to try to get permission to do it.

Can anyone help us with this? to be honest i dont even know where to start and i would hate to give up without some answer at least.

thankyou

Inlite (Blair)

Posts: 2 | Registered: 13 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thankyou!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 13 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can get a deal, but this is what his agency has said with regards to the rights to stories for non-commercial use:

"We have a standard agreement for non commercial use, and the standard fee is $1500."

That from Susan Ramer.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post