Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HELP PLEASE

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP PLEASE
 Login/Join

posted
i have a college project due monday.....its about bradbury, i have done searches and gotz lots of info but i was wondering if anyine had some interesting info that i might not have found doin reserach..another thing i have to have some sort of visual aid...not a movie though....i thinking somethin like projections slides and such...any ideas???? please hlp...stuck like chuck

Posts: 4 | Location: columbus, ga, U.S. | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would help to know the topic, what you're trying to accomplish, what it is you are arguing or presenting, what you already have, how long it needs to be, what the length of the assignment is, etc.

I don't even know where to begin to reply to this.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have e-mailed you Mr. Dark. Would you be so kind to give it a look and contact me? Thank you.

Posts: 4 | Location: columbus, ga, U.S. | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm heading out the door now and won't be home until late (going to the Ringo Starr concert with my daugher!).

I will try to take a look at it tomorrow, but am working on some other projects in the am, so I can't say how much time I can give then.

I will definitely look, though.

If you'll present some of the info on the board, others may be able to help. There are lots of smarter, better-read people out here!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 08-23-2003).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im basically giving an oral presentin to my class about bradbury's bio..i have a partner that will be presenting his books, plays, etc. my presentation must last at least 5- 10 minutes..no longer than 15...i believe i have adequate info on his life but i lack visual aids and i basically have no ideas of what visual aids i should use or where to get them.....class has just started so all we have right now is a projector...i was thinking of doing something that i can use on the projector as i speak of his life...any ideas? please help

[This message has been edited by myntality (edited 08-23-2003).]

posted Hide Post
My email to you (I just sent it):

"Post to Nard Kordell on the RB site. He has a web page (I dont' remember the url) that has several pictures of Bradbury. On other parts of this website there may be some pictures you could use.

Most of my work on Bradbury has been textual, so I don't have a lot of graphics. I'll email some of what I do have.

He loves space and Halloween, so you may be able to get some generic photos related to that (NASA web site, Hubble telescope web site, ISS website, etc) and use those in your presentation just to juice it up.

If you do a google on his name, you should come up with some sites that have pictures of him signing autographs. If you go to Amazon.com, you may be able to select and copy some book cover images.

Hope some of this helps. I'll email a couple, then I'm out the door.

Mr. Dark"

I've emailed you a picture of his house (sorry, no addresses given out from me), and about four images of Ray himself. I hope this helps.

P.S. This supplants my help tomorrow. :-)

P.P.S. This is my version of time travel. I have pulled your time from tomorrow and moved it to today!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 08-23-2003).]

posted Hide Post
It should be easy to find some pictures of Mars right now, and that would be a nice tie-in to Ray. You could show pictures of the planet while talking about The Martian Chronicles or his other Martian stories or his love of space. Also, if Nard lets you, I'd definitely use his great picture of the ravine, which plays such a key role in several of Ray's stories. Hope you get an A!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
myntality:

(click on, or type into finder) my website ...

which is: http://www.catchaway.com

... and then click on:
'Bradbury'.

There follows two (2) sets of pictures.

One dealing with trip to Green Town (Waukegan)...where you have to click on 'Tour' for that.... (NOTE: Working on it this weekend, so it won't be finished, up and running until 24th August, Sunday, by the afternoon)...

Another set to click on, titled..
'more of ray'...
...includes old and new pictures of Mr. Bradbury. (This one IS working NOW.)

Printout some or all of the pictures. Usually an overhead projector should work out fine...

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 08-23-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post