Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Bradbury poem?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Bradbury poem?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello;

I remember, reading a poem in one of Ray Bradbury's books, a very long time ago. The book wasl, "Martian Chronicles" I believe, not real sure about the title.

At any rate the poem had the lines; "And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone."

Does anyone know what book that was and if indeed the poem was in that book?

Thank you,

DonaldS

Posts: 2 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 17 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS: Right! "There Will Come Soft Rains," a poem by Sara Teasdale. (See it again in the Chapter of the same name from MC, or collected in short story form, also.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

That's what memory does when you age, I guess.

I remember "illustrating" that particular poem, in 1956, when I was attending the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. It was an assignment for the calligraphy class back then.

I do remember; though, mistakenly crediting the poem to Ray Bradbury. The instructor did not correct me on that error, so he must have not been a reader of Mr. Bradbury or Sara Teasdale.

Anyway, thank you for your reply. Know I know who actually wrote that marvelous little poem.

Regards,

DonaldS

Posts: 2 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 17 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post