Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    australian student needs urgent help

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

australian student needs urgent help
 Login/Join

posted
hello, can some one please tell me what genre ray bradbury normally writes i have to analyse his short story 'the whole towns sleeping' and compare it to his other work it's due tomorrow its now 11.14 am australian time and i haven't started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: australia | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray... hardly ever calls his works 'Science Fiction' (except possibly for Fahreheit 451), tho his publisher(s) usually like to refer to his work as... Science Fiction. Ray likes to call his work the product of...... optimal behavior. Sometimes he refers to his work as Imaginative Fiction.
However, you can find his works under categories such as � Mystery � (with his recent novels such as "Let's All Kill Constance"), or � Poetry � (with his many poetry books such as "When Elephants Last in the Dooryard Bloomed.")
But then there is his many TV scripts, such as his work for "The Ray Bradbury Theater", and his screenplays for movies, such as "Something Wicked This Way Comes."
And then there are his many stage plays, with his Pandemonium stage productions, like "The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit".
So you see, the actual list really continues, but this is a start, of attempting to 'fit' Ray into a... genre.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you for replying its a great help..

Posts: 2 | Location: australia | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post