Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Where do I find texts to his plays?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do I find texts to his plays?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a theater writer producer, and I've been asked about producing an evening of science fiction. I know Ray Bradbury wrote some of the best scifi short plays that have ever been written. I've even worked a one in production. One I'm particularly looking for involves spaceship destoyed in deep space and we hear/see the crew talking as their space suits run out of O2 one by one. Can any one point me some where.

Theaterguy

Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends. Tell me where to get more wax!

Posts: 1 | Location: gnash5@juno.com | Registered: 13 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Kaleidoscope," from Illustrated Man collection.

What a fascinating story to be adapted to a stage interpretation. Lighting, colors, fade ins and outs, a weigtless slow-motion choreography of the men tumbling (suspended and coming and going as the dialogue dictates)!
As an English teacher, I've always enjoyed this story for the pure imagery, isolation, and terror it conveys

Let us know how you do on this project.

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been noted on this Board before, but for those who came in late...

A publishing house called Dramatic Publishing Company in Woodstock, Illinois has many of the scripts for Ray's plays for sale, including production rights. "Kaleidoscope" is one of the plays it offers. You can check out their website at http://www.dramaticpublishing.com/.

Just do a search by typing in the name "Bradbury".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post