Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Gay world story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gay world story
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to remember the name of a Ray Bradbury story I read in the 1960's. It was about a world where heterosexual couples were considered outlaws and being gay or lesbian was the norm. Does anyone remember that one?
Thanks, Barbara

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story about which you are thinking was not written by Ray Bradbury. It was actually written by one of his closest friends, Charles Beaumont, who for many years was one of the leading writers for the original TWILIGHT ZONE television series. The story is called, "The Crooked Man". It originally appeared in Playboy Magazine back in 1955, and has since been reprinted in several Beaumont collections.

Beaumont died in 1967 at the tragically young age of 38 due to the early onset of Alzheimer's disease. I highly recommend his novel, THE INTRUDER, a brilliant study of racism (which was also made into a pretty good film in 1962 starring a very young William Shatner, and which featured Beaumont himself, and his writing buddies William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson, in small parts).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard,

wow! Thanks for this answer. That has been plaguing me for years, and I'm so happy you knew the answer. I will look for a collection of his short stories and check out The Intruder also.
All the best, Barbara

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you got an answer. Leaving this thread and deleting the duplicate one.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post