Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Here it is! NEW TRAILER for "THE SMALL ASSASSIN"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here it is! NEW TRAILER for "THE SMALL ASSASSIN"
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
As coincedence would have it, this episode was the very one I watched last evening from my Bradbury Theater DVD!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, what did you think of that episode? (And did you enjoy the doctor, who was once Beatty the Fire Chief?)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the episode very much. It was appropriately frightning and well-acted by the two parents. The doctor was very good indeed.

The thing that plagues most of the episodes, however, is the look of them (no fault of RB). Being filmed in Toronto, the series has the look of the climate there - always overcast and dreary looking, the cityscapes (even the countryscapes), and the music for the series does not compliment the stories.

Other than that, I quite like it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That particular episode was shot in England, although that doesn't alter what you said about the climate!

Some other episodes were shot in France, and some in New Zealand. I don't think any of these places can match Hollywood for climate...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
That particular episode was shot in England, although that doesn't alter what you said about the climate!

You're funny. I think most of the ones I've seen so far were the Canadien episodes, although, now you mention it, that episode did look a little British.

Most British programmes I see actually look kind of sunny. They must purposely wait for the sun to come out before beginning shooting!

"Live Forever!"