Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Hi, I have a question.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi, I have a question.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, i'm new here. I'm doing some research in chilean poetry, and i'm developing some links between the work of Bradbury and Jorge Teillier, a chilean poet from the 50's and after.

As i'm not an expert in Bradbury, i came here looking for some information about the retoric leven of his writing, specially the use of poeticl "images". Someone here has some info to share with me? or any suggestion?

thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
percepto, Ray's writing is filled with poetic images. In fact, Ray says that Aldous Huxley (the author of BRAVE NEW WORLD), over tea, asked him the question, "Do you know what you are, dear boy?" to which Ray says he replied, "No, what?" Huxley said, "You're a poet."

You really need to read, or at least peruse, some of Ray's work in order to compose a successful paper on this topic. I would recommend THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES, DANDELION WINE and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES. In addition, Ray himself has written several volumes of poems, in case that should be of interest.

Posts: 2487 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well. i didn't know ray wirte poetry too. that's a good info.

i'm almost finished "THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES" and "Las doradas manzanas del sol" i don't know its name in english (i'm from chile). "The golden apples of the sun"? Anyway, i find his writings very lirical.

I think (my hypothesis is) that latinamerican literature didn't have sci´-fi narrative, because its sociotechnological context, but some of its features were adopted by latinamerican poets, specifically in chile. in my case, i found strong conecctions between the work of Bradbury and the chilean poet Jorge Teillier, especially the "antitechonological-melancolic" images; in fact, Teillier admired Bradbury's work and he wrote some articles about him.

thanks for your answer.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post