Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury today at Vromans

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury today at Vromans
 Login/Join

posted
Long time reader, first time poster here.

My son and I had the pleasure to visit Ray Bradbury today at his signing at Vroman's in Pasadena. My six year old son colored a picture for Ray of a Halloween Tree with the words "Live Forever" above the tree. When we arrived at the signing table, my son handed Ray the picture, Ray read the picture and lit up as he told my son "I'm going to try" and happily pointed to my son and told him "you live forever!" and he repeated it twice. He invited my son to come around next to him as he signed his book (the Halloween Tree) and he put his arm around him and Ray seemed very happy with my son. As we left, he blew my son a kiss and "I love you, live forever".

It was easy to see that my son and his picture made Ray happy and I was trying hard not to get choked up. I've been a Bradbury fan long before I even consided that I'd be a Dad. I could have never imagined that I'd take my son to see an author who so influenced me and have him exclaim to my son, "live forever!"

After a night of trick or treating as I tucked my son in bed, I told him to try not to forget this day and remember what Ray Bradbury told him and I gave him a kiss goodnight and told him to live forever.

Thank you Ray Bradbury for making a boy's and his Dad's Halloween.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drumheller:
Long time reader, first time poster here.

My son and I had the pleasure to visit Ray Bradbury today at his signing at Vroman's in Pasadena. My six year old son colored a picture for Ray of a Halloween Tree with the words "Live Forever" above the tree. When we arrived at the signing table, my son handed Ray the picture, Ray read the picture and lit up as he told my son "I'm going to try" and happily pointed to my son and told him "you live forever!" and he repeated it twice. He invited my son to come around next to him as he signed his book (the Halloween Tree) and he put his arm around him and Ray seemed very happy with my son. As we left, he blew my son a kiss and "I love you, live forever".

It was easy to see that my son and his picture made Ray happy and I was trying hard not to get choked up. I've been a Bradbury fan long before I even consided that I'd be a Dad. I could have never imagined that I'd take my son to see an author who so influenced me and have him exclaim to my son, "live forever!"

After a night of trick or treating as I tucked my son in bed, I told him to try not to forget this day and remember what Ray Bradbury told him and I gave him a kiss goodnight and told him to live forever.

Thank you Ray Bradbury for making a boy's and his Dad's Halloween.

Gosh, I hope you took a picture of your boy with Ray because now what you have to do is to get an 8x10 printed up and bring it to one of the theatre performances I was handing out flyers for so that Ray can sign it for him.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post