Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ARE THERE ANY BIOGRAPHIES ON RAY BRADBURY???

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARE THERE ANY BIOGRAPHIES ON RAY BRADBURY???
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys...i am looking for a few biographies or even autobiographies on Ray. I am trying to work on my project and i am looking for these so i can do my work cited page. Thanks
D

Posts: 6 | Location: Atlanta,GA,USA | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
stratt 2232

Authorized Biography is in the works by
Sam Weller, who teaches in the film department, at Columbia College, in Chicago. But don't look for it until sometime late next year perhaps.

Jerry Weist, on the other hand, has a coffee-table size book out, titled: An Illustrated Life. Check your library. Many carry at least one copy.

(Click on, or type into finder): www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/bradburylife.htm

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-09-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably the best book currently available is BRADBURY: AN ILLUSTRATED LIFE, by Jerry Weist (HarperCollins, 2002). Another book that contains a great deal of biographical information is THE RAY BRADBURY COMPANION, by William F. Nolan (Gale Research, 1975). Future searches for biographical information will be made easier with the much-anticipated publication of Ray's authorized biography by Sam Weller (maybe next year?).

Posts: 2470 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

I remember reading something, an article or somesuch a few years ago by Sam Weller on Mr. Bradbury, I believe. I am sure it was on the internet but I cannot fond it for the life of me.

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ought Not

Sam Weller did a fine article for the 'Chicago Tribune' awhile ago.... somewheres on these postings it was noted, with date and page location. Actually, it was in the Sunday, 'Chicago Tribune Magazine' section. Perhaps THIS is the article you have in mind....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can purchase the ability to access a copy of Sam Weller's article from the August 13, 2000 Chicago Tribune Sunday Magazine (done in celebration of Ray's 80th birthday) by clicking on the following link, which will take you to the electronic archives of the Tribune. Just do an advanced search looking for articles authored in 2000 and later by Sam Weller. I believe the cost for one article is $2.95. I might add, Sam's feature on Ray is very well done!
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/index.html?ts=1065806411

Posts: 2470 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take my word for it--it's a great article. I've got a copy of it, but unfortunately I don't have a scanner, or I'd send it to some of you. (Or would I be violating some copyright law???)Go Cubs!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey im skipper do you think you might be able to e-mail it to me? If it is against copyright regulations you dont need to but if you can thank you...my email is strat2232@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Drew

Posts: 6 | Location: Atlanta,GA,USA | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the actual magazine, not an on-line article. That's why I thought I'd need a scanner. Am I wrong? (I am a total computer novice, so maybe I'm missing something.)

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that was it, Nard. I remember it was pretty good. And thanks to you with the link. Imskipper, I don't know about copyright laws but seeing the case of the girl who was charged with receiving mp3's and the outright vigor these prosecutors are digging for names I would not chance it. You would think copyright violations would be the least of the government's worries at this point in history or any point for that matter. Thank you much for the gesture. But let's be safe.

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your concern, although I wasn't really worried about the copyright infringement as much as wondering if there is any way to do it without a scanner. (As I said earlier, I know virtually nothing about computers....) I could xerox it and mail it to anyone, if they don't mind giving up their mailing addresses. I'll leave that up to each of you. Have a great weekend!!

posted Hide Post
Hey im skipper what is your e-mail address? Or e-mail me so i can give you my address! my e-mail is strat2232@yahoo.com. You can e-mail me first or you can let me e-mail you. Either way would be good.

Thank for all your help,
Drew