Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Term Paper

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Term Paper
 Login/Join

posted
I am writing a paper with the thesis "Ray Bradbury's writings show that he is paranoid about how technology affects society."

First of all is there any advice on refining my thesis?

Second, I am going to use the short story There Will Come Soft Rains, what other two short stories would emphasize this thesis?

Finally, where can I find a literary critism of Ray Bradbury? Any specific titles or authors?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bri1232001,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably "The Pedestrian" and "The Murderer." I'd substitute "concerned" for "paranoid," although it's not as sensational.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out "Conversations With Ray Bradbury" -- a collection of interviews with the master himself. He answers questions on his views on technology in many of these interviews. That way you don't have to guess his views.

"Conversations with Ray Bradbury". Ed Steven Aggelis. University Press of Mississippi, Jackson. 2004.

Also, Ray Bradbury is not paranoid about technology, so your thesis is probably indefensible as written. I would agree with Dandelion to change the word "paranoid" to "concerned" or something like it.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both very much, I found the pedestrian very fitting to my altered thesis. Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the word “altered” in the statement above. A sign of wisdom I think. As a wise detective once said, “Mind like parachute. Work best when open.”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post