Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Needing certain short stories
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Needing certain short stories
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am looking for the following short stories which my homework is based on. After some googling, I havn't had much luck.

The Flying Machine
A Blade of Grass
The Garbage Collector
Time in thy Flight
The Pedestrian

Any or all of these stories would be very much appreciated, please as fast a response as possible so I can do my homework. Thanks a lot!

Posts: 8 | Registered: 20 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, at this point if anyone could find me just one of these short stories online that would be excellent ... I need it badly for my homework.

posted Hide Post
BoDillon:
Go to the FIND icon on the Bradbury page...and type in 'search box': Stories Online.

This will refer you to links already posted on The Bradbury website that will lead you to the stories you need. There is also a Russian website that actually has the entire stories in english. Ray has complained numerous times before of no royalities from Russian published stories, and there it is online as well.

Strange as it may seem, the entire novel 'Fahrenheit 451' is also online... (or at least has been...)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bo,
It’s my understanding that the text of Ray Bradbury’s work can’t be found on the net. I don’t have access to my index right now so I can’t tell you for sure what collections will contain the stories you’re looking for. If you absolutely have to have an assignment in by tomorrow, rush down to a good bookstore. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Good luck!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woops! Nard snuck in before me and it looks like I was wrong. Sorry.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please send me a link to the right place where to go, I still can't find that stories online place ... I need it as soon as possible, thanks for the help so far.

posted Hide Post
Bo,
On this page, scroll up. In the blue area you will see an icon for FIND. Click on that. A white window will open up labeled KEYWORD SEARCH with the word GO next to it. In that window type in STORIES ONLINE. Press ENTER. A lot of links to discussions about Ray’s stories on line will come up. Read through them to find directions.

If I knew a specific link I would give it to you. Good luck.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done.

posted Hide Post
thanks a lot ... but is there a translation into english somewhere or on google?

posted Hide Post
BoDillon:

All those "Russian website" story titles are in English. You have to click on the ???? question mark before the story title...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, click on this: >читать | Kaleidoscope, 1949
before each English title.

BD: You had better get going. That assignment is going to be late!

By the way, anyone, what does "читать" mean in Russian?
(On my screen, I don't get a "?", Nard!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451
My take on ???? is the computer's way of saying it can't translate that particular word or words...

posted Hide Post
I'm no attorney, but I don't recall any of his works being in the public domain, and I'm unaware of permissions he or his publisher have provided for his stories to be posted out on the net. Shouldn't this humble student be directed to a library or bookstore?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. Some people are in way too much of a hurry.

And why is the teacher assigning so rare a story as "A Blade of Grass," which has appeared in only one collection, that second "100 Stories" volume, which is so new not all libraries may even have it?

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post