Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join
 
posted Hide Post
...and with an unsubtle marker pen!


- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
 
Posts: 5025 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...and with an unsubtle marker pen!

There are a few authors who still use a right proper fountain pen, but not many.


John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
 
Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Martin Isaacson speaks at the 2009 Ray Bradbury Festival.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dig&et=1262315822.93


John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
 
Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a propos of nothing:

I may have posted a link to this before, but it is such a hilarious site that it deserves repeating. The Awful Library Books blog posts books found in public libraries which really shouldn't be there. Latest post: all about Latawnya the naughty horse.

No idea what I'm talking about? See for yourself:

http://awfullibrarybooks.wordpress.com/


- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
 
Posts: 5025 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if you do not understand Spanish this is a nice video: Imaginantes El Hombre Ilustrado Ray Bradbury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dig&et=1262918834.61


John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
 
Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
This is a propos of nothing:

I may have posted a link to this before, but it is such a hilarious site that it deserves repeating. The Awful Library Books blog posts books found in public libraries which really shouldn't be there. Latest post: all about Latawnya the naughty horse.

No idea what I'm talking about? See for yourself:

http://awfullibrarybooks.wordpress.com/


Instead of being on a high horse, that was a horse on a high! (Somebody HAD to say that.)
 
Posts: 7164 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a really nice recent report on Mr. Bradbury just spotted on youtube-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwgKRiEJsR0&NR=1
 
Posts: 834 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Linnl. That was a lovely report, though the guy in the black tie had NO idea what he was talking about. "I think that there's no other author who is a better bridge author between young adult books like Harry Potter and Twilight, and literature."

Did he just infer that Mr. Bradbury's works are "Below Literature"? Maybe I just took it the wrong way, but I never considered his books to be anything but passionate literature, regardless of the subject.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kukai_Aoki,


"Oh, death!"
 
Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Thanks, Linnl. That was a lovely report, though the guy in the black tie had NO idea what he was talking about. "I think that there's no other author who is a better bridge author between young adult books like Harry Potter and Twilight, and literature."

Did he just infer that Mr. Bradbury's works are "Below Literature"? Maybe I just took it the wrong way, but I never considered his books to be anything but passionate literature, regardless of the subject.


Bradbury has been referred to as "the ultimate gateway drug" in that once young people have read him, they are open to virtually any literature. His works are admirable but accessible literature.
 
Posts: 7164 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Thanks, Linnl. That was a lovely report, though the guy in the black tie had NO idea what he was talking about. "I think that there's no other author who is a better bridge author between young adult books like Harry Potter and Twilight, and literature."

Did he just infer that Mr. Bradbury's works are "Below Literature"? Maybe I just took it the wrong way, but I never considered his books to be anything but passionate literature, regardless of the subject.


Bradbury has been referred to as "the ultimate gateway drug" in that once young people have read him, they are open to virtually any literature. His works are admirable but accessible literature.


Now I understand. If only people could speak as well as they write, I guess.


"Oh, death!"
 
Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had occasion to think of this poem I had to memorize and recite in the 9th grade: http://www.nathanielturner.com/toussaintpoem.htm

Wonder if the monuments are still there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,
 
Posts: 7164 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never More:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/...s/today-today_books/


John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
 
Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right, jkt! We traveled to Gettysburg and then Baltimore prior to our excursion to meet Mr. B this summer. We walked to this sight you have posted just before leaving the city.

Currently, I am doing a Poe unit involving honors students who will present "The Raven" to an elementary reading class. In our initial research on Mr. P yesterday (EAP's birthday), this unfortunate turn of events showed up.

There must be some dark irony in all of this!
 
Posts: 2682 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe just that some people will steal anything that isn't red hot or nailed down.
 
Posts: 7164 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dandelion:
Maybe just that some people will steal anything that isn't red hot or nailed down.[/QUOTE

In this case, there are people who gather to watch this ceremony.


John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
 
Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 160 
 

Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.