Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    ComicCon 2008 (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
ComicCon 2008
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here are some photos of the event.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photos, John. Thanks for sharing them.

Posts: 2477 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
Great photos, John. Thanks for sharing them.

Richard: Just for you, here is another photo showing Mr. B's rock star status.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageRockStarStatus.JPG (213 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt~

Yowie! John, you've snapped a genuine classic photo of Ray in the limo. And for a moment I thought (on the following photo of everyone snapping pix of Ray),...is that a bunny IN the limo? (THAT must have been outside the car.)

Looking for Doug Spaulding's video. Must include it in "favorites" on You Tube's RayBradburyChannel

http://youtube.com/user/RayBradburyChannel

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A new Bradbury Quote to wonderful applause:

You are all my bastard children.
--Ray Bradbury to his audience at ComicCon 2008

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Nard:
The bunny was wandering the halls, not in the limo. DARN!

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
The three phrases I heard more than 1,000 times each were (no exaggeration):
“Oh My God, It’s Ray Bradbury”
“I Love You Mr. Bradbury”
“Thank you Mr. Bradbury”
These three phrases were spoken not by people who spoke directly to Mr. B but by people as he moved through the crowd.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thank you!! This pictures are really great. I like the one with a mim and mr. Bradbury has a kiss on his cheek!

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pavel Gubarev:
Thank you!! This pictures are really great. I like the one with a mim and mr. Bradbury has a kiss on his cheek!

Pavil: The mime is actually a comic book (graphic novel) character called The Joker who is the villian in new Batman movie.

Did you know that Mr. B just finished a movie script of Dandelion Wine, to be produced in Russia?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Photos.

I'm working on the YouTube now.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, here's one YouTube.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics and movie, chaps. Keep up the good work!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A nice news piece on ComicCon from NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92983126

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Doug,

Did you get a video of the Pied Piper march from the lecture hall to the signing hall?

For those of you that were not there, the mob of people rushing up to the stage to get something signed or just to shake Mr. B's hand was so great that the hosts decided we should move outside. If for no other reason there was another lecture slated for the hall.

We moved down the hall, down two floors and outside to enter thru the rear of the signing hall. Those fans that were able to keep up got their chance to meet the master.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
A couple of decades ago, late 80s, I used to work the NAMM (musician's convention) for Atari. MIDI (musical instrument digital interface) was in its infancy and everybody knew this was the wave of the future. At one of the conventions, the consultants for Atari were Mick Fleetwood (Bluesbreakers/Fleetwood Mac), Eric Clapton (Bluesbreakers/Yardbird/Blindfaith/Cream) and Mike Pinder (Moody Blues). I am not name-dropping here but gearing up for a comparison. That and some of you youngsters may not know whom these gentlemen are…shame on you if that is true.

I was lucky enough to walk the show with these three Brits. I can say, with all honesty, that Ray Douglas Bradbury drew greater crowds at ComicCon than these three musical greats.

John King Tarpinian