Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading ?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading ?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just finished rereading "I, Robot" to prepare for seeing the movie. Now I'm reading a book called "Seven For Oregon," written by our own Dandelion. I'm only 30 pages into it, but I'm loving it!! Dandelion, you have a way with words! I love all the descriptions of the wildlife, the land, the Native American attire, and more. It's very vivid and fascinating, as well as informative. I can't wait to read more. And for all of you regulars who have not yet read it, get with it!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently in rotation are Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, E.E. Cummings Complete Works, The Oxbow Incident, and I just found my copy of Spoonriver Anthology under my nightstand yesterday. I am working on my poetical skills, hence the Cummings and Masters. Cummings was a genius.

There is no knowledge where there is no wisdom. There is no wisdom but in submission to the gods. Big words are always punished, and proud men in old age learn to be wise.

Posts: 3 | Location: Phx,AZ | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey Mr. Dark...the secret life of Bees was good...I just finished the October Country and I will be moving on to The Apples of the Sun...Can't wait!!!

Lauren Murray

Posts: 26 | Location: Snellville, GA, United States | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever read Sophie's World

Lauren Murray

Posts: 26 | Location: Snellville, GA, United States | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't read it, yet. I own it. A friend of mine uses it as his primary text in an Introduction to Philosophy class.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished the first reading of The Cat's Pajamas and the story of that name is just that!

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost done with Little Women. Louisa May Alcott is a fantastic author.

Next, I'll try to find a new author hiding somewhere in the library.

Posts: 32 | Location: Provo, Utah, USA | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next try Good Wives. Continuation of Little Women.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A cool new author is Nick Hornsby. "A Good Boy", "High Fidelity" and others.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about finished with The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things, by JT Leroy. Next up is Leroy's novel Sarah. After that either John Wyndham's Trouble with Lychen or something by French author Roger Peyrefitte. I really need to re-read Dandelion Wine.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished Micromegas and Zadig; voltaire was a genius.

Cheers, Tanslator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I know I missed Bloomsday again this year, but I did start to read Ulysses and I intend to start it again and finish it this time. I even bought The New Bloomsday Book, a guide though Ulysses, just for comfort.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Mr. Dark...that book changed my life. at first it may seem like a rookie philosophy book told through the eyes of a 14 year old girl...but OH what a wonderful book...if i ruled the world i would make it the law that everyone between 7 and 100 read it. I think you should too, believe me it's a complete waste of knowledge and life if you just let it sit around.

Lauren Murray

posted Hide Post
Well, Mr. Dark...That book changed my life...no BS. At first glance it may seem like a rookie philosophy novel told by a 14 year old Norweigan girl...but it really is amazing. Believe me it is a complete waste of knowledge and life to leave it sitting around. If i were the law, everyone would have to read it before age 7. You'll thank me later.

Lauren Murray

posted Hide Post
Only about 30 pages into Atlas Shrugged.
Just finished Animal Farm.
Your guess is as good as mine for what I'll read next.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 12 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post