Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading ?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33

Moderators: philnic, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading ?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Curious!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it."

...as related to this: http://www.newsy.com/videos/it...sing-from-his-grave/

What sayest thou, philnic?

Posts: 2674 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started reading, "The Cat's Pajamas," by Ray Bradbury. I've only read the introduction written by Ray and it made me sad. He talked about his wife's death and how his writing stopped for a while. Great that he got back into things eventually and finished with a flurry of activity.

Posts: 77 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someday I will work up courage to read The Year of Magical Thinking, in which Joan Didion describes her personal journey following her husband's death. It is considered a masterpiece and must-read writing on coping with grief and loss.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post