Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Need a Story Title

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Story Title
 Login/Join

posted
I'm certain this is a Ray Bradbury story that I read about 30 years ago. Now a friend wants to find this story. Can anyone here help?

The story is about a group of children in school on another planet where it is almost always dark. The sun only comes out for a short time and very rarely. When the day comes that the sun is going to come out, all the children are very excited, but one little girl is locked in a closet and doesn't get to see the sun.

IJ

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's called "All Summer in a Day," and can be found in the collection 'A Medicine for Melancholy.'

It's a great one!

-Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg. My group and I finally figured out the story title, but we couldn't place the collection.

IJ

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem - Good luck!

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post