Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favorite stories by Ray Bradbury?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite stories by Ray Bradbury?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Zounds! Egad, even!
All I can say is, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be - for loan oft loses both itself and friend!"
(This applies to Bradbury books in particular, forsooth!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, Braling II, owing to what you have just said I remember 39 years ago when Ray gave me three paperback books when I was sitting in his living room, only years later to lend two of them out never to see them again. Alas!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly I had to give back my first reading copy, of the Iluustrated Man to my friend Cheryl.
After she read it on Burtons Look out on Hebgen Lake in Montana, many years ago when I was 11..

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't yet read all Ray's stories, but out of the ones I've read, (it's hard to pick) I really liked the one about the unterderseaboat captain.

I also thought the one about his dad with Alzheimer's was very touching, my Gram had that too, so I could really relate.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I've been at this 31 years and even I haven't read them all!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the genius himself says, "I have no favourites."

I also find it hard to choose. But if a gun were held to my head, and I had to select a few, they would be:

The Watchers

By the Numbers!

The Rocket

The Wind

When an imaginative person suffers mental problems, the line between seeming and believing disappears - King - Bag Of Bones

Posts: 6 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Halloween Tree is obviously the greatest masterpiece ever made.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 10 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Martian Chronicles" is the best collection of stories by RB.

Or anyone, for that!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Poems.
"A Scent of Sarsaparilla"
"G.B.S. Mark V"
"At the End of the Nonth Year"
And - even more than "I Sing the Body Electric" -

"Have I got a Chocolate Bar for You!"

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post