Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Pick director / cast the leads in 451 re-make
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick director / cast the leads in 451 re-make
 Login/Join

posted
Director: Spielberg
Montag: Ed Harris
Beatty: Christopher Walken
Clarisse: LeeLee Sobieski
Mildred: ?
Faber: ?

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ed Harris? Ew, I dunno, good actor, but kinda too bald. Put him in "The Martian Chronicles," he's more of an astronaut type. How about Matthew Modine? Did you catch him in the remake of "Flowers for Algernon?" He equalled and excelled Cliff Robertson's Oscar-winning performance! Winona Ryder would have been good as Clarisse, but she's getting a bit long in the tooth for 17 and if she keeps smoking like a chimney she'll shrivel up to nothing if she isn't already, but she does need a break. I like her. She is intense enough to play Millie, although I sort of picture Millie as blond and frowzy. I hope they don't get Hillary Swank, she's too annoying for Clarisse and not annoying enough for Millie. You know what, they should get Meg Ryan as Millie. I'm sick of seeing her play all these cute roles. I want to boo her as a real bitch.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a daydream I've entertained for years, and my list has evolved with time. At one point I had Harrison Ford as Montag (too old now), at another Gary Oldman. I, too, had Wynona Ryder cast as Clarisse, as well as Drew Barrymore. Christopher Walken as Captain Beatty? Interesting!

Here's my current wish list:

Director: Peter Jackson
Montag: Kevin Spacey
Beatty: Gene Hackman
Clarisse: Natalie Portman
Mildred: Kim Bassinger
Faber: Anthony Hopkins

Posts: 53 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about this?

Director: Ridley Scott
Montag: Rutger Hauer ( I know he's probably too old...but still)

Posts: 2 | Location: Tulsa, OK USA | Registered: 06 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rutger Hauer is such a mythical ageless hero type, why not? And where do you think Michael Weis (The Pretender) would fit in? He's so intense, he keeps you rooting for him 'til the bitter end! And please! please, someone! tell Meg Ryan to get a short haircut with some style to it. She's too old for those cutesy little shaggy do's she's adopted lately (hate to admit it, but she can act).
Lo

Posts: 5 | Location: Cary, NC, USA | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After discussion with a friend at work we came up with

Montag:Hugo Weaving
Beatty:Harvey Keitel
Faber:Morgan Freeman
Mildred ee Wallace
Clarisse:an unknown(perfect huh?)
Director:Jonathan Frakes(open your mind to this one everyone, go watch First Contact)

Posts: 21 | Location: Edwardsville, Illinois | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montag: David Morse
Clarisse: Jena Malone (played the younger Jodie Foster in CONTACT)
Mildred: Julianne Moore
Beatty: Patrick Stewart
Screenplay: RB
Director: Terry Gilliam

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Some of you are really taking my idea for Beatty and sticking him in Montag's role. Here are my pics, but if you look in movies with the bradbury feel, you will see that I have gone through a million choices.
Director: Speilberg or Ridley Scott
Montag: Jude Law
Beatty: Ed Harris (watch the rock) or Hugo
Weaving
Faber: 100% Patrick Stewart
Clarisse: Jenna Malone or Anna Paquin
Mildred: Juliet Landau

Posts: 10 | Location: edgewater park, NJ, USA | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Director: Terry Gilliam or Stephen Speilberg
Montag: Hugh Jackman or Nicolas Cage
Beatty: Kenneth Brannagh or Jonathan Price
Clarisse: Cristie Ricci or Anna Paquin
Mildred: Drew Barrymore or Charleze Theron
Faber: Morgan Freeman or John Lithgow
Screenplay: RB
Budget:unlimited
Flexible cast choice, due to actor availability. I really want to see what actually makes it onto the screen!!! When it gets done.

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 04-10-2002).]

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I would rather have a bunch of talented unknowns play in F451. Having famous actors would give it the overpublicization that could lead to a flop, and I'd hate to see that.

Posts: 22 | Location: oregon | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Point.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow. did i kill this thread? I apologize.

Posts: 22 | Location: oregon | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it's just sleeping. We're all waiting for real news about the film.
While you're waiting, add a post to the similarly-themed ILL.MAN thread I started; it barely got off the ground!

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
director: howard, spielberg, or maybe david lynch?
montag: michael weiss (the pretender) or maybe george clooney, but kevin spacey would be good also
can't have a movie without gene hackman...

Posts: 24 | Location: Enid, OK, USA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be a tough call

I wouldn't mind seeing Roy Dupuis playing Montag (he played Michael in Nikita and was also in the Last Chapter with Michael Ironside). He is an amazing actor.

Posts: 3 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post