Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The purpose of these boards

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The purpose of these boards
 Login/Join

posted
Hello!

I just want to lend my voice to the growing numbers of you disturbed by recent posts on these boards. Your support and love of Bradbury's works is appreciated.

For those of you with other opinions, we welcome all congenial discussion on the subject of Bradbury and his work; if you don't like what you're reading in his books, talk to us like an adult. Let's hash out the literature, debate it; that's what grown-up people do. They talk. They don't slander. Your methods prove only your ignorance of mature ideas and concepts.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second that conviction. This is a message board not a whipping post! Rational discussion is always welcome. If a comment can't be somewhat civil in any regard, take it somewhere else...

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And so say the overwhelming majority of us.

Mr Bradbury has his critics, and if they're balanced, reasonable and rational, I'll gladly listen to them.

But what passeth all understanding is why this guy bothers ...

Posts: 110 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes,I third it.(or fourth it) (Um this is a tad off the point,but I became a christain a couple days ago..I've been a christain before,but I wandered off........and Its sooo wonderful..could I invite all you gentlemen/women to join me in christ? Smilerbradburyhater he loves you too!!!! )

* *Rain Walker * * *<br /> * * * * * * *

Posts: 22 | Location: Grand Haven USA | Registered: 15 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! As it is written, the angels rejoice whenever a lost soul is found. And remember, Christ isn't worried about where you've been but where you're going!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RainWalker, look up the story titled "The Man" in the Illustrated Man. I think you will like it... You will find it on page 42
it has always been one of my favorites.
Savor what you have found.

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, "Fire Balloons" in I.M.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, they both serve not only to illustrate the point, but the fate of those doomed to perpetually miss the point. I hope one idiot does not drive legitimate posters off these boards! They've been invaluable to me. I'd NEVER have learned of Al von Ruff's list, or the "Dark Carnival" reissue, without them! They *do* provide many wonderful purposes for many people!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smiler I think I've already read it but I will hunt up my book and see. God Bless.

* *Rain Walker * * *<br /> * * * * * * *

Posts: 22 | Location: Grand Haven USA | Registered: 15 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HEY! I didn't know about a "Dark Carnival" reissue!!!

Posts: 9 | Registered: 20 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul, see the "Dark Carnival" thread under "Resources," and hurry! They have already sold over 600 of the only 700 copies they will ever print!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post