Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Meeting with Frank Darabont

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meeting with Frank Darabont
 Login/Join

posted
Mr B had dinner with Mr & Mrs Ray Harryhausen, Arnold & Marlene Kunert, Frank Darabont and myself. At the dinner, Frank told RB that Mel Gibson gave him permission to take full control of the movie FH 451, FD can pick his own production company. Details to work out, but It looks great. This is one of Franks favorite books of all time, as it is mine.

Take care
Patrick

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hurray! What wonderful news! Thanks for the update, Patrick.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Gibson still own the work? I was under some sort of impression that his option had run out and someone else bought it and hired Darabont. Will Gibson appear in it as an actor or in any other capacity?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! Keep us posted, Patrick.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mel is out of the picture at this point.
Soon to be all Franks, "The Legals Ends/or paper work"
Mel hired Frank over a year ago, and Frank wrote the screenplay. which is fantastic. Right on the money. Mr B has mixed views, because he wanted Mel to do the Producton. but this gives Frank more power to do it his way. Mel has just been too busy with other projects. Frank is ready to go, and look for backers/Studio's/etc. Which I don't see any problems getting.

I'll keep you all posted.

Later Patrick

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, Patrick. That sounds like a great dinner party!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I wouldn't give to sit at THAT dinner table!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darabont wrote the screenplays for THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION and THE GREEN MILE, but recently his screenplay for INDIANA JONES-IV was rejected by Lucas and Spielberg.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post