Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Finding a Title (too)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding a Title (too)
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Forum,

I'm a huge Bradbury fan (have the signed-to-me Martian Chronicles, saw him speak at Comic-Con a few years back.... you name it!), and I'm desperately seeking a story he MAY have written.

It's a story about a man who wakes up or goes out or something, and the man realizes he is SO happy. He is SO so SO so SOOOOO happy. And he's enjoying this happiness until he realizes he can't stop being happy, and he's only getting happier. He's TOO happy... and then, as he realizes he can't stop it or control it -- that the happiness won't stop -- it gets scary for him.

I read this story between 10 and 15 years ago in school (middle school I think -- 7th or 8th grade for me), and I think it was Bradbury, but I have no clue about the title, and I've been searching for it ever since.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? My summary may be inaccurate, but it's the best I have.

Thank you all in advance -- it's fantastic to find a community out there that's as passionate about this man's work as I am. His stories have truly touched my life.

Thank you,
Bryan

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm. It does sound like something Bradbury would write, but I can not recall any immediate information on it. A better detailed summary would help, or even something unique to the story.

Cheers.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does doesn't it? I could be wrong -- it may not be Bradbury -- but it seems sooooooooooooooo Bradbury.

I wish I had a more detailed summary. My best memory is that it's a guy who wakes up or goes out into town or to work or something or for a walk and realizes how happy he is... then realizes he can't stop being happy. Like it's freaking him out, that he's so happy and it's out of his control.

I hope it's Bradbury =\

I'll continue picking my brain for more details.

Much thanks,
Bryan

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post