Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Panic Room.
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Panic Room.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes, where is Chapter 31?
We need his company.
Meanwhile, pass me...let's see now, Ah! the port I think. Tawny, is it?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! No one here??

Well, I think I'll put my feet up for a while...

Neat! "The Flying Machine" is playing on the big wall screen:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Man-flies-over-English-Ch...ia_wl/ra42161515.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woke up on the Baldwin sister’s back porch with an empty bottle of the recipe and about thirty stars in my head. Stopped in at Ike’s and caught up on the news and noticed a scrap on the bulletin board over by the pool table with some scribbles on it by someone named Tennyson who had passed through a couple weeks ago:

But the devotee, he mused a little space,
He said, “She ran a lovely race.
God in His mercy lend her grace.
The Lady Who Fought Barack.”

And then I mused a little myself realizing that Sam Clemens had finished editing a book in 1908 and a hundred years later someone bearing the same title is almost here—“No 44”. Creepy!

After all that musing I decided to catch a late trolley and come up here, and there you all are just as cozy as can be. Glad to see your all fine.

I notice when I look out the window that:

“…we are very lucky with a lamp before the door.
And Leerie stops to light it as he lights so many more;
And O! before you hurry by with ladder and with light,
O Leerie, see [us all] and nod to [us] tonight!” – R.L.S.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
"...He said, “She ran a lovely race.
God in His mercy lend her grace.
The Lady Who Fought Barack.”

Hillary?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hillary.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi David, nice to see you back!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And a tip of the hat to you, biplane1.

posted Hide Post
Chap! Wonderful to see your good self again!
Let me pour you a large Laphroaig...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a fine line, ol Chap!!
"Nothing much else happened, all the rest of that night."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II,
Ah, the fruits of Islay. More stars in my noggin.

fjp451,
One of my favorite Ray Bradbury chapters – thirty-one I believe.

posted Hide Post
Grandpa & Clancy will sure to be by later for a game of billiards and a taste of that fine life boosting elixir. It helps with the consumption you know.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A boosting elixer is a fine phrase. Well then, open the ice box, get your favorite chilled beverage and... have some -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE&feature=related

Sundance, would you use some hot sauce on your order?

posted Hide Post
Butch, love it!
And Spam!
(EXTREMELY popular amongst Hawaiians for some reason)

Rocky!
Pull up a chair, bud!
Where've you been?

posted Hide Post
B-Two, trying to catch up on the stream of things here. Seems to be very dynamic and very interesting at this time. Pass me the brandy sir......

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how grasstains is doing...I just tried an e-mail and it got bounced back as undeliverable. If you see this grassy, know that I, and I'm sure everyone here, misses you and hopes for your return soon!