Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Loking for quote

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loking for quote
 Login/Join

posted
Years ago I read a quote and I believe it was from Ray B., but I cannot find it anywhere. Has anyone here seen it? Am I on the right track?

It was from long ago, maybe the 1950's, and expressed alarm that automobiles were taking over our space, particularly our cities. It was something like the following:

"We live in a science fiction world. But a world ...[where people don't fit in, where cars dominate the space and people have to get out of the way -- I don't recall the exact words!]... is a science fiction nightmare."

My memory is that he said it, but I cannot find it anywhere. (In a book? In a speech? I don't know.) Does anyone recognize it? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 October 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is that and a number of other quotes on what appears to be a very nice little page.

https://www.brainpickings.org/...ry-of-a-writer-1963/

Don't be surprised that the quote is from 2003. Ray often repeated favorite ideas and phrases over the years.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post