Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    DANDELION WINE AUDIO CD
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DANDELION WINE AUDIO CD
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that it's good to hear that so many people have enjoyed the production. I'm in the cast, and I have to say "Dandelion Wine" was one of the most enjoyable pieces of voice acting I've done. It meant a lot to get the email from Mr. B., too. I'm in SWTWC, too, and I have to say that I think that'll rock just as much as DW does. Again, good to hear that the work's liked. Best.

Posts: 3 | Location: Boston | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thedoob(hmmm), which character do you play? D.W. was totally awesome, well done, and classy in every way, I can't wait to experience S.W.T.W.C.! Please keep us in the loop.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Rocket,

I just had a small part in DW (Matt Spaulding), but it was still awesome to be a part of. I'm the Lightning Rod Salesman in SWTWC. Hope that one is just as enjoyable for everyone. Best,
Dan.

Posts: 3 | Location: Boston | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan/thedoob,

welcome to the board. It seems we all loved the production of DW, and certainly look forward to SWTWC.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thedoob: I'm the Lightning Rod Salesman in SWTWC.

"The seller of lightning rods arrived just ahead of the storm."

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
...come on people this is just sad your having a conversation about a book on tape

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You obviously haven't heard it. Last time I checked this was a discussion board to discuss all things Bradbury, and since this is the best dramatized Bradbury story to come around in years - and I do mean years - we're discussing it. The sad thing is someone who doesn't get it, and because they don't - puts it down. Deal.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teh Bradbury. I agree. I rarely listen to books on tape. Heck, who even reads these days? Just go outside and Hoot and Hollar. At least THAT'S FUN!!!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
books on tape and audio dramas are two differn't things. night and day. apples and oranges.

posted Hide Post
"Teh",
I mean, I'm all, like, whoa! y'know?

(There. something you'll understand.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teh never came back. Frowner Must be in a different forum telling people they are sad cases for discussing things she doesnt understand.

posted Hide Post
WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS! (Well, most of you. You know who you are!)

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got to listen to "Dandelion Wine"! Very good production. It is different from the book in many ways, some of which I'm not sure I appreciate, but most enjoyable.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am almost done with the brilliant audio "book" for SWTWC. It has held me transfixed for a week now. Just BRILLIANT

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post