Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    And the moon be still as bright...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the moon be still as bright...
 Login/Join

posted
I love this story

I read it mostly because I had heard the radio version created by OMNI magazine way back in the 88. They were trying to do a book on tape thing with their magazine and they had a great radio play of "And the moon be still as bright" and the story from Martian Chronicles about the cafe on Mars. I can't recall the title. There's also a great interview of Bradbury from then on the same tape (still have that tape and in good shape )

But I like so many of his short stories it's always hard to pick one...
I suppose "A Sound of Thunder" always gave me a thrill because of the irony of it all. I really love and quote that story most of all. I even have the "Dinosaur Tales" book with illustrations by Will Stout. I'm a huge collector of RB's books.

Anyhow... I guess I'm a little hyper now cause he was just interviewed briefly on my local talk radio station but they didn't accept listeners' calls

Anyhow... Hi! I'm a Bradbury-holic

~L~

===BlueGirlGraphics===<br />www.elledeegee.net

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the Moon be Still as Bright was also adapted to radio in 1955 for the half-hour sci-fi series X Minus One and, coincidentally, it was re-broadcast just last night on the syndicated series, When Radio Was.

[This message has been edited by richrauch (edited 08-28-2003).]

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I heard one of those... I forget now. And I've seen the terrible David Carradine version from the Ray Bradbury Chronicles show. I loved that show but their copy of his story for that show was not very good. Sometimes they just didn't hit the mark with the actors they picked.

But if you ever find that OMNI tape I mentioned... it's well worth the investment if it's still mint. I might make a copy of mine when I find it again to a cd. I want it to last me a LOOOONG time. Has a nice interview with Mr Bradbury on there along with the two stories performed.

===BlueGirlGraphics===<br />www.elledeegee.net

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post