Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Pick a Character
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick a Character
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If i could be any character in this story, i would love to be the hound. I just think it is the coolest thing for ray to have chosen the books to be burned by this big metal hound with 8 legs that can shoot out big flames of fire. It really makes the book alot more interesting, rather than just lighting the books on fire with a match. I think that the hound would be somthing fun to be, and like how montag was a bit frightened by the hound because it growled at him, i think if i was the hound, id give everyone who walked into the plsce a dirty look, try to freak them out, and when people thought that i couldnt be mad, and only functioned, i would make me move, and burn them! Just seems like a really interesting character to play, you can really do alot with it, and i really like playing with fire and burning things, the hound was my favorite character in this story.

Proud Student Of L.H.S

Posts: 5 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would totally agree with you nicole. I would also choose clarise. She changes the whole book. If it werent for her montag would of never thought about not being a fireman. The whole question that changed his mind was, "are you happy." She is the only one who understands life, and that there is more to it than just being happy. She also has some sense to wat is goin on in the world. She knows about firemen in the past and how they used to put out fires instead of burning them. She doesnt judge people either. Montang asked her "Why are you talking to me? Dont you know im a fireman?" She is different than everyone else in the book, she is a true original, and thats why all the other character thought she was "wierd".

Posts: 5 | Registered: 23 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if I could pick a character it would definitley be Montag. He inspires us to think outisde the box. To be different and not like everyone else. In the beginning Montag was just like everyone else. But, clarisse helped to change and be different. To think differently from everyone and just to think about the way life was. Montag was a multi-dimensional person. He didn't know what to think at the beginning and at the end he was sure of what he knew. Through out the book he kind of kept on going back and forth about his ideas and beliefs. He wasn't sure if he should quit being a fireman. Or just to be one and just be like evertone else was. So I think Ray Bradbury chose right in choosing to put Montag as his lead character in his story.

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont, IL, United States | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was to be one chareacter i would be Guy Montag. I think that he lives a exciting and dangerous life. Between his job and the problems he faces with people in town he is able to keep his cool. When the lady in the house didn't want to leave her books he was left with a tough decision. He tried to saty to talk her out of it but she woouldn't budge. At that point she lit the fire on her own. After that Montag was confused about what he was doing, because he wandered if books were really important to the people. I;d love to be him because he doesn't know where his life is going and I like to live my life ont the edge.

Posts: 9 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I would want to be Guy Montag. I would choose to be him because he fights for what he believes in (the books)and that he never gives up tyrin even when everything looks down for him. For example, when Montags leg was hurt from the first mechanical hound, he kept on going and kept running as hard as he could to get away and he didn't give up and he was succesful. He also questioned everything and I feel that what he did (questioning everything) was the right thing to do. Montag teaches us to be independent and to stand up for what we believe in, thats why I would want to be Guy Montag.

KC

Posts: 5 | Location: Lemont, IL, USA | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krystal:
If there was one character that you would like to be in this story who would it be? Why?

The one character that I would like to be in Fahrenheit 451 is Guy Montag. He fights for what he believes in, I do the same. Even after his job of being a fireman and coming home to a wife that doesn't love him, he remains calm. He knows he can eventually change how people think about books, which is why he goes back to the city in the end. Montag is a brave person. He stood up to his boss and even killed him. Not that this is a good thing, but it is a big sign of courage.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If i could choose one character to be in this book, i would not pick Montag. The reason being because it seems like he has so many issues and so much stress with his job, trying to figure out what to do with the books, and everything else. Mildred is another one who i wouldn`t choose because of how unhappy she is in her life, and how she doesn't have a loving relationship with her husband. I think that it would be a lot of fun to be Clarisse, because she seems to have the joy and thoughtfulness that you need in your life to be happy, and i would want that too!

<3jamie`xo

Posts: 4 | Location: lemont illinois united states | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually when you think about who your favorite character is you think can i relate to them? However i believe the character in wich makes you think and interests you should be considered your favorite character. If i had to pick one character in this book, id definately choose Montag. He is the kind of character that makes you think. Its really differnt and weird how hes considered a "fireman" which you would think means to put out fires but instead he burns books which is unique. He made an outstanding change throught the novel from the beginning to the end. Clarisse had a giant impact on this. Therefore Montag would definately be my most favorite character.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, IL, US | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had to choose one character from Fahrenheit 451 , I�d most definitely choose Clarisse. Clarisse is a spontaneous seventeen year old who lives by her own standards. Clarisse questions life and isn�t afraid to think for herself. I like how she says �I sometimes think drivers don�t know what grass is, or flowers, because they never see them slowly.� . It�s interesting how she notices things that the other people could care less about. It seems like the world is always changing with technology and people don�t notice the beauties of life anymore. To me Clarisse is this mysterious young woman who made a great impact on Montag�s life. When Clarisse asks Montag, �Are you happy?� I think that�s one of the biggest parts of the story because that starts it all and Clarisse really makes Montag start thinking. Without Clarisse I just don�t think the story could be.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If i had to pick a charactor in F451, I'd have to say i'd want to be Clarrise...Because she thinks outseide of everything else,she does what "she" wants todo..Also she likes helping others out* She always tries her nest to get through to people,and tell them these good things about life. But i dont see how she can be telling this, because...wouldnt you think she would get caught? Because she knows more than the people around her do?! And wouldnt she get punished?. . .

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 20 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would want to be Montag mainly because he got to play with fire! And get paid! Also because he has books that make him think and feel. But if I were Montag I would make my wife have feelings or find a wife that does so we could share emotions. I would also have been more discrete about owning books instead of telling the neighbors.

the duderino

Posts: 5 | Location: lemont | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I would pick Clarisse. Mainely, becouse i think of the same things as she does.She is not afraid to be different, heck, she wants to be different. Its like the slang, 'you laugh at me becouse im different, I laugh at you becoue youre'll the same'

Posts: 6 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a very good quiestion. If i had to be someone in the book i would most certainly be Faber. After i read Fahrenhiet 451 i thought to myself that Faber was the strongest character. The reason i said that was because Faber stood up in what he believed and everyone else didn't believe him. Also i like being independent. I considered Faber as independent because he lived by himself. Also he has his own opinions. Also i like Faber because he tries to help. Even though he stayed in the background he helped Montag realize his duty. He realizes his mistakes. And he tries to fix them by helping Montag.

Posts: 3 | Location: lemont | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to go with the majority and say Clarisse. She is just so free spirited, it is like a breath of fresh air to talk with her. I also like how she notices every little detail on the smallest thing. I can just imagine her in a big bustling city and stopping to examine every little detail on potted plant. But when Beatty said that they should be getting rid of people like her, I believe that it is foreshadowing the coming of future of we don�t need books or imaginative and thoughtful people. It�s like they might as well put blinders on us like they do for horses so they don�t get scared. They are scarred that we may get more of its detail and idea than keeping to the main points, which are plain and boring. When we all just need spice and intricacy in our lives.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The character I would pick would be Clarrise because she seems to live in her own world. She is not like eveybody else. She also seems to know alot about the past wich is strange, I wonder how she knows all this. But the thing I like about her is the way she questions life.

Posts: 8 | Location: Lemont,IL,Us | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post