Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Pick a Character
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick a Character
 Login/Join

posted
If there was one character that you would like to be in this story who would it be? Why?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mechanical Hound. Because he has 8 legs, and I always wanted to have 8 legs.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had to be one character in this book I would pick Guy Montag. I would pick him because in this story he does so many things . He is a fireman who starts fires with books and he is in a lot of adventures.One adventure was when he was running away from the Mechanical Hound.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 23 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had to be a character it would be Montag, because he is the main character in the story. also, he burns things like books and houses. One time they burnt a house and someone committed suicide in the fire. He is also like me very adventures and outgoing! So that is why I would pick Montag as my favorite.

[This message has been edited by Tkazimierczuk (edited 08-25-2004).]

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 19 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be the mechanical hound so I could track down criminals.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the character of Clarrise because she is always questioning life, and striving to find the truth behind everything. She is a truely deep person who doesn't do what everyone else does. I don't know how her uncle managed to teach her to think out-of-the-box, but he did. When I try to compare her character, I find her as the Morpheus of F451. Also, I like how when she talks to the ordinary people in the story, she is able to "awaken" them to the world around them.

[This message has been edited by Voct (edited 09-01-2004).]

~Puuchuu Puuchuu!!

Posts: 9 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you voct. I too like the character of Clarrise, shes different in the world. People look at her in strange ways because she dances to the beat of a different drum. I too get looks like that sometimes, so i can relate to it. It's not that we're different people, its just that we like ot do things our way. I don't think i'd do well in the actual book of 451 if I were to go as i was now... But wouldn't we all not do well, because we are reading this book? That's my question to everyone, how do you think you would fit in in the actual story of 451?

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, IL USA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that i would pick to be Clarrise. Shes such a young girl and seems to have everything in her life sorted out more than the adults in the society. She lives by what her family has taught her. To be different from everyone else. She doesn't just go along with what everyone else believes. She has her own mind and her own ideas that she brings to the town. Even if its different from what everyone else thinks she she believe. She inspired Montag to change his whole life around by just having a couple of conversations. I think that takes a very strong person to be able to do something like that. Just in all her ways and the things she says, inspires me to be different from the crowd and not fall into what everyone else wants me to think.

0.<brinny>.0

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well thats an awesome question. There are many good characters in this story. I would pick Montag as my favorite character. He was calm and considerate to others. He didnt want to sit around at home and watch t.v he wanted to read! You will get alot more ut of reading rather than sitting on your couch and watching t.v.

Posts: 5 | Location: lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I got to choose to be one person in the story I would choose to be Clarrise. Clarrise is very mysterious and she seems like a intresting person. Instead of going along with what other people thought she had her own thoughts and ideas. I like how she could think for herself, even when people didn't believe what she thought. I like when Clarisse questioned Montag asking him, "Are you happy?" Clarrise had a big impact on the story, and made Montag really think with the conversations they had. I think if it wasn't for Clarrise the story couldn't be.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If i were to be one character out of the whole book I too would have to choose Clarisse. Why you might ask yourself? Well that is simple, i think that she is the only one who really truly knows what is going on. She questions life and doesn't want to live by the set system that everyone else lives there life by. It doesn't matter to her that shes different from everyone else. She likes who she is and is enjoying life the way she wants to. I think it also takes alot of courage to just see someone walking down the street and telling them exactly how you question life. I don't think anyone up to the point where Montag meets Clarisse questions life like she does. All in all i think its spontanous of her and think that we need more people like in life.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite character in this book is Clarisse, because she is "crazy" and carefree. She enjoys random things like the rain, dandelions, autumn leaves, and is very aware of her suroundings. One night, she has a little chat with Montag that leaves him questioning his passion for burning. In fact, he begans to question everything. He questions society as a whole. She asks him, "Are you Happy?" The meeting leaves an impression on Montag, and he continues to reflect on their brief encounter, realizing that the answer to Clarisse's question is, to his surprise, no.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, Il, USA | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
(originally posted by Tkazimierczuk)
If I had to be a character it would be Montag, because he is the main character in the story. also, he burns things like books and houses. One time they burnt a house and someone committed suicide in the fire. He is also like me very adventures and outgoing! So that is why I would pick Montag as my favorite.

Hey tooth i dont really care what you said but i do know that your sister is fine!!

[This message has been edited by tooth (edited 08-31-2004).]

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be Granger. That guy was so chill!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had to be one character from Fahrenheit 451 I would be Clarisse. I just love how she thinks in ways that no one else does. �I sometimes think drivers don�t know what grass is, or flowers, because they never see them slowly.� Pg. 9. From that quote it tells me that Clarisse is not afraid to think outside the box and state her mind. I too also like to think outside the box, but sometimes I am a little afraid to state my mind. �And if you look�-she nodded at the sky-�there�s a man in the moon.� Pg. 9. Clarisse is such a creative person because at that time no one would look up at the moon and use their imagination. On nice days I love to look up at the sky and use my imagination, just like Clarisse did. �Are you happy?� Pg.10. I love how Clarisse just comes out and asks �Are you happy?� By her asking that it showed me that she is full of courage and able to ask a question like that and not be afraid I really admire that of Clarisse because sometimes I am scared of going up to a stranger and asking a random question. In conclusion, if I had to be a character from Fahrenheit 451 I would be Clarisse because I feel that we have some things in common and I admire her for some of the qualities she has.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post