Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    All About Sam Weller's New Biography on Ray Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All About Sam Weller's New Biography on Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
So internet real estate increases in value just like REAL real estate!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supposedly
somewhere to
be found
on this website
noted below
is
a recent
interview with
Sam Weller.
If you find it,
please let the
rest of us
know just where
one can find the
darn thing!
www.kaxe.org

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, here is the darn thing you've been looking for:

http://www.kaxe.org/bookclub/RGArchive.htm

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:
PHIL, belated Thanks for the location of the link. Will be listening to these, especially what Sam Weller had to say couple weeks ago.

Looks like Ray wants to go to New York to pick up his Award from the Pulitzer commitee. WHAT A GREAT EVENT!! More...MORE!! biographical material for Sam and a new, e-x-p-a-n-d-e-d edition of his biography on Ray.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, philnic. That link of Sam Weller discussions is marvelous. Thanks!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your welcome. I confess that I haven't listened to it myself, yet. No time!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Late news from Sam Weller's website (March)...but what's with the new Bradbury book with Paris (France) in the title?
http://www.bradburychronicles.com/news.htm

posted Hide Post
Maybe it's from the line in "Casablanca," when Bogart says "We'll always have Paris."

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Undoubtedly that's it!!

posted Hide Post
Where can I write Sam Weller? It seems he doesn't answer from his blog page or his schedule site.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had something important to discuss with Sam, and called him at his office at Columbia College last week...but no answer back. I guess he'll eventually hear all about it later when he doesn't have a chance to respond.

Sam, in other words, isn't easy to locate unless you know where he's speaking and get yourself over there!

posted Hide Post
Met Sam Weller in Los Angeles couple weeks ago and asked him about his new projects. He has a new book of interviews he has done with Bradbury, in fact, all the interviews he has ever done with Ray Bradbury will be in this book, set for publication in 2010. No title yet. But then I didn't ask him if there was a working title. Shucks!

Currently re-reading Hail and Farewell, a story gem!

posted Hide Post
Hail and Farewell is terrific! It could be RB's response to Peter Pan.

For extra credit, name another Bradbury story with a link to Peter Pan.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
The Veldt?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct! And for extra EXTRA credit, state your reasons for your answer!

- Phil