Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masks
 Login/Join

posted
Hey everyone! I heard Ray Bradbury is coming out with a new book entitled, Masks. I was wondering when that book will be available in stores. Thank you.

-Sam

"Witness and Celebrate."
-Ray Bradbury

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See here.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You.

"Witness and Celebrate."
-Ray Bradbury

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Share and enjoy!"
- Douglas Adams

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although a lover of books, I have never been involved in printing, and as such, I must confess that I really don't know what a "proof" is. What is one?

I'm curious because whilst discussing Masks yesterday, Donn said he would send me a proof of the book.

I'm looking forryward to it, whatever it is!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of the second Stories collection. It's a sort of paper-bound version of the finished book.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
It's a sort of paper-bound version of the finished book.

Oh yes - I remember seeing jkt with one of Now and Forever or something like that recently.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...I really don't know what a "proof" is. What is one?

I believe it is a preliminary printing of a book used to establish whether any corrections need to be made before commiting to a large print run. They are usually paper-bound with a makeshift, artless cover.

(One definition of the word "proof", now largely archaic, is "test". Hence the expression "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" - which means "the TEST of the pudding is in the eating".)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I believe it is a preliminary printing of a book used to establish whether any corrections need to be made before committing to a large print run.

Then somebody messed up with Dark Carnival (the reprint). As I was having Donn sign my copy Tuesday, he flipped thru it and showed me something he missed and Bill Nolan caught concerning the magazine covers.

Anyone fancy a guess what?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Mismatch between captions and images? (Right date, wrong cover, or vice versa.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was something like they duplicated one magazine cover (using it for the wrong story), and I think not using another one at all.

I offered him words of comfort, telling him that it was only a hundred-and-twenty-five-dollar-mistake.

Still worth every penny! (or pence)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Then somebody messed up with Dark Carnival (the reprint).

I also noticed a few typos in the Gauntlet book MATCH TO FLAME.

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post