Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Are you a writer, too?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a writer, too?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Holloway:
Wish me luck.

Luck!

Do you enjoy grape soda-pop, by the way?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, am a writer. My non-fiction and short stories have appeared in a wide array of magazines. I also write poetry and am working on a novel. My first published book was about growing up with my dad's taxidermy shop in the basement. Now if that's not Bradbury-esque...what is?

Posts: 2 | Location: Herman, PA | Registered: 03 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. M, have you read Dickens' "Our Mutual Friend"? You'd love Mr Venus, a taxidermist and articulator of bones!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug,
Fanta?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Doug,
Fanta?

One never knows, do one?

Perhaps Nehi.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then there's Nectarine Crush and Huckleberry Smash. But I think you can only get those at Wally’s Filling Station.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
nah, I'm an artist but I've always loved to read.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ent

I too have ventured into the turbid waters of authorship. Sadly I couldn't afford to publish to print so I have published to Kindle through Amazon.com, which is free. You get paid 35% of each download. Don't know if anyone has done so yet as it takes a couple months to find out. It is a book of poems and short stories called Running in Place.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post