Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Zone
 Login/Join

posted
Which twilight zone episodes did Ray Bradbury have involvement with?

Posts: 16 | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officially, one, "I Sing the Body Electric!"

Unofficially, possibly four, give or take, and depending on who you believe. As far as has been given us to know, it is hashed over in this thread here: http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000977.html which contains links to articles on the subject. As for the rest of Ray's side of the story, that will have to wait till Sam Weller's book appears.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless you're counting the 1980s revival of the series, in which case there are two more:

The Burning Man - adapted by J.D.Feigelson with Ray's personal blessing;

The Elevator - screenplay by Ray.

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 06-13-2004).]

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first "episode" of The Twilight Zone which was not approved by the network. The third episode, Where is Everybody? was.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, a useful post - but in the context of this thread it should be made clear that Bradbury had no connection to either "The Time Element" (first Twilight Zone) or "Where Is Everybody?" (first proper TZ).

(Except that Bradbury allegedly believed "Where Is Everybody" to be based on one of his short stories.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradbury had a problem with "Where is Everybody" after it aired. I don't think he saw the earlier scripts.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug, a useful post - but in the context of this thread it should be made clear that Bradbury had no connection to either "The Time Element" (first Twilight Zone) or "Where Is Everybody?" (first proper TZ).

In the context of this thread, you may be right!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rod Serling biopic in the works:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movie...ic_in_the_works.html

Who should play Rod? Will they enact a scene where Matheson, Beaumont, Bradbury and Johnson meet Serling?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

posted Hide Post
July 10th is the birthday of two TZ writers: George Clayton Johnson and Earl Hamner, Jr.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TaoistBoy:
Which twilight zone episodes did Ray Bradbury have involvement with?

'The Elevator' have collaboration with Ray.He has done screenplay for that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

Posts: 1 | Location: 402 Rindge Ave, Apt 4K Cambridge, MA 02140-2905 | Registered: 02 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he had some episodes on The New Twilight Zone.

posted Hide Post
Amazing to see ANOTHER New Zealander with something important in their sig. Also amazing that they live in Cambridge, Massachussets. How kind to give their full street address, in case we want to visit or write.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I was wondering if that poster could really be from Massachusetts. Everyone I've met from there speaks better English.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...Everyone [...] from there speaks better English.

Like these guys?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
...and whatever you do, don't drive like "my brother!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post