Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Long after midnight

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long after midnight
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for the name of a story by Ray Bradbury that has a witch named Melissa Toad in it. I'm pretty sure it was published as a story in Long after midnight, but under a different title. We purchased a Ray Bradbury ms. for our library and it has the title: Melissa Toad, witch.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Drink Entire: Against the Madness of Crowds," in "Long After Midnight."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My copy of PS Publishing's Long After Midnight arrived today. Beautifully done with the artwork on the dust jacket and the boards. The artwork accompanying some of the stories are very nicely illustrated.

The one story, The Better Part of Wisdom, is what will be read by the Writers Guild as part of Ray's birthday celebration.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
My copy of PS Publishing's Long After Midnight arrived today.

Did mine arrive yet?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ray's birthday celebration.

...details of where and when disclosed as of yet?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
My copy of PS Publishing's Long After Midnight arrived today.

Did mine arrive yet?

Not sure about yours but I now have two...

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remind me please, jkt, about the content of this edition. Does it have anything different to previous editions (e.g. essays, introductions, foreword, afterword)?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Remind me please, jkt, about the content of this edition. Does it have anything different to previous editions (e.g. essays, introductions, foreword, afterword)?

The Better Part of Wisdom was removed from the book when it went into subsequent printings and paperback. This story has been added back to this edition so the contents is the same as it was in the First Edition.

I am embarrased to say that I did not check for a new forward or introduction. I'm still devouring the Martian Chronicles.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure about yours but I now have two...

Puh!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post