Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hound
 Login/Join

posted
Do you think the hound is a good idea or a bad?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved the hound. It scared the bejeebus out of me.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not like the Hound because it almost killed Guy. Moreover, there was not any point for it if criminals could just drink that liquid that changes your scent that Guy drank. It just shows how sluggish cops are or are going to be. In addition, that hound must inject a lot of morphine or procaine to kill someone if those anesthetics are used when you go to the dentist. Why would it have to inject �massive amounts?� Can�t it use some other kind of poison like rat poison? Well anyways, I think it would be good for the cops to get up and chase the criminals instead of having a piece of metal doing it. At least the cop would not shoot whomever they were chasing without making sure it was the right person they are going after.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do I like the hound? The hound could be a good thing and a bad thing. One thing the houd does is it almost kills Guy. It does help out. What do I mean by this is it helps the firemen. It helps them find the books and gets the people in trouble. It was a bad thing for the people who get cought, but helps all the firemen look good. I aslo think that it can make little things look like big things look bad in the book. I was woundering if the hound would be able to do different things when i was readin the book.

Posts: 2 | Location: lemont | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did i like the hound?? NO!! it almost killed
Montag. and it was a stupid thing to make the hound in the first place, because they shouldnt be attacked right away for breaking the law and be killed.

Posts: 5 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 20 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I though the mechanical hound in the book was verry interesting. Ray Bradbury is very anti-technology, he never learned how to drive a car and most of the time was agains new technology, because they destroy our environment. But the mechanical hound in Fahrenheit 451, was a very different point of wiev. I still think that the hound was a bad idea, because he almost killed Guy Montag. And at the end of the book the mechanical hound killed an inocent person. Even though the hound was a very clever and interesting idea, i still think it's a bad one. It is a violent weapon, even though it's a dog, It can still kill people.

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like the hound, becuase to me made the book very interesting. With out the hound the book would be boring. It is pritty cool that the hound almost killed Guy Montag. If Monta was killed by the hound there would be a vey boring ending though.

Posts: 8 | Location: Lemont,IL,Us | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think it is a good thing for were they are, but if it was brought to are time peopl would be frek out of there minds. and it would be agenst the law to "play the game" thay play, just like cock fighting or dog fighting.

Posts: 4 | Location: il lemont usa | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the hound in Fahrenheit 451. It was cool.

Posts: 12 | Location: Andover, Kansas, USA | Registered: 06 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the hound is really cool and there are some good things and bad things about the hound but i dont think the hound is a good thing as all. The hound is well just like a rugular hound. uh hu yea....

Posts: 19 | Location: wausau, WI | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that the hound was a cool idea and was cool looking!

Posts: 3 | Location: Merrill,Wisconsin,United States | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't really like the hound in the book. i was actually kind of scared of the hound.

Posts: 11 | Location: wausau,WI Marthon | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hound is probably just as helpful as a regular dog. It is just more violent and dedicated to the firemen.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wausau | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think it was a good idea because it was original and new not all fake n stuff

Posts: 7 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that it is a good and a bad thing. The reason for both answers is because it could be dangers having a mechanical dog running around looking for fugitives, it might end up chasing incient people. But the good thing is that it could do the dangers jobs that police can't do, like chasing bad guys and a possibility of getting shot. but i'm towards the bad side.

Posts: 5 | Location: Wausau, WI, USA | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post