Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Can you tell me the name of this story?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you tell me the name of this story?
 Login/Join

posted
I read a story a long time ago that I think was written by Bradbury, but I'm not certain. It is about a man who rises from the dead and is full of hate. It begins by really going on about how full of hate he is. He arises in a future where everything is very safe, so safe that he easily gets away with murder. It ends with someone realizing that he's not alive and incinerating him. Can anyone tell me the name of this story, or even confirm that it is one of Bradbury's? Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Mr. Bradbury’s “Pillar of Fire”. Bill Oberst, Jr. has done a one man play treatment of this story, and his portrayal is mesmerizing - just as Mr. Bradbury’s story is.

Posts: 25 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 29 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's it! Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the nice words about the reading. "Pillar Of Fire" is pure poetry. It was a pleasure to speak those words onstage. Btw, I just left a post on the board inviting Ray lovers to attend a free staged reading of a new show in which I'm going to try to portray Ray himself. https://www.raybradburyliveforever.com
Jon Eller, Phil Nichols, David Clow, John King Tarpinian and many others in the real RB circuit (I'm just a fanboy) advised on the project. The script was approved by the estate. Love to have any of you who will be in the NYC area. Thank you!

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: 05 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post