Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    "The Pedistrian"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Pedistrian"
 Login/Join

posted
I enjoyed this story much more then the others because I like how Bradbury focuses on one person. The way he writes it makes it seem almost like the man is the only one in the world at all.
But it does make me think. It is possible that technology will really become such a dependent source in our lives?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 22 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Agatsuma_Soubi_san:
. It is possible that technology will really become such a dependent source in our lives?

Hey! We have been dependent there for a couple generations at least. Unless you are on an uninhabited island somewheres. (no satellite phone of course!)

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is so possible that Ray attempts to warn us against it: "I don't try to describe the future - I try to prevent it!"

Pedistrian is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, we have become rather dependent upon technology but I mean to such an extent.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 22 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's true Kortney I mean it's only human nature to want the next big thing which in this case it's sort of like depending on technology of course.

Posts: 4 | Location: Hesperia, CA | Registered: 27 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To such in extent, as in what? Thinking people are regressing down the evolutionary ladder, just because they aren't watching t.v.? Sure, I mean when you try to have a conversation with someone about something that was on FOX or Myspace or someting you texted or whatever technlogical source you want to use, and they have no idea what you are talking about, you probably think to yourself "wow, what is this guys problem", but that's from personal experience.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post