Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Christmas fruit cake poem?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas fruit cake poem?
 Login/Join

posted
I heard Ray read a poem on the radio several years ago about a Christmas fruit cake. It was about how the fruit cake came over to America with Columbus and has been being passed from person-to-person ever since.

I think the poem was called 'It Came To Pass and Not To Stay', though I could not find it at my library.

Is this poem published anywhere?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fruit, delight.
we eat, tonight.

Posts: 64 | Registered: 27 November 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many fruitcake jokes can be found here: https://grubamericana.com/2012...y-tradition-or-joke/

The only It Came to Pass, Not to Stay reference I could find was by Buckminster Fuller.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fruit, delight.
we eat, tonight - Terran

Posts: 24 | Location: Reykjavik Iceland | Registered: 27 November 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post