Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

character
 Login/Join

posted
Who was your least favorite character in this book and why?

Posts: 5 | Location: lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My least favorite character in the book was Montags wife she was to lazy and seemed like a golddigger. She just rubbed me the wrong way. I mean she betrayed her own husband.
quote:
Originally posted by cieskjon000:
Who was your least favorite character in this book and why?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with 4back20....montags wife was my least favorite. You just do go and turn your husband in like that......its just not right.

KC

Posts: 5 | Location: Lemont, IL, USA | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Captain Beatty was my least favorite character. He seemed like he knew everything about the life that they were living in. I also thought he should have been more controlled with his abusing actions. So in other words i thought he was a big meany.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really diddn't like Montags wife either, any wife that would turn in her own husband has to be messed up in the head, and i also diddn't like the fact that she tried to kill herself too, whhats up with that.

-Rich

Posts: 1 | Location: Lemont, Illinois, USA | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My least favorite character would have to be Beatty. It seemed like he knew all about books and the meaning behind them, but he just hid them and was too afraid to reveal the truth. He also had no problem with burning people and in my opinion I would call him an insensitive jerk.

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont, Il, US | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW. ITS REALLY HARD FOR ME TO DECIDE WHICH CHARACTER I LIKED LEAST. BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT MS. PHELPS WAS MY LEAST FAVORITE. SHE WAS ABOUT AS INHUMAN AS A PERSON CAN GET. SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HER CURRENT HUSBAND, AND IT DOESN'T BOTHER HER THAT SHE'S HAD TWO PREVIOUS HUSBANDS. THIS WOMAN ALSO DESPISES CHILDREN. HOW CAN A WOMAN BE SO NEGATIVE TOWARDS HAVING CHILDREN OF HER OWN?? IT'S LIKE SHE HAS A BIG ICE BERG FOR A HEART. I REALLY DON'T LIKE HER.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will agree with everyone, my least favorite character was Montag's wife, Mildred. Mildred just seemed like she gave up too easily and ran away from her problems. She tried to kill herself for one thing, and she doesnt even attempt to solve her problemed and distant marraige with Montag. It was like she was there but then again she wasn't. She seems like she would be a headache to live with. After Montag was trying to come to a resolution with the book repopulation, she just ruined it and turned him in. Montag thought he could count on his own wife but even she wasn't on his side. She doesn't seem like a loyal and loving wife at all.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, IL, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright yeah Mildred was a pretty nasty person but maybe she was sick, like she couldn't feel love because she never felt it as a child. maybe her parents were to blame. But because they were not in the story i guess you can't dislike them. I dislike beatty the most i mean he was a full out physco. He wanted to die and stuff, I mean who threatens a guy with a flame thrower(thats even bad for a physco), who is about to spend his whole life in prison(which makes it worse) really you got to be nuts.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright yeah Mildred was a pretty nasty person but maybe she was sick, like she couldn't feel love because she never felt it as a child. maybe her parents were to blame. But because they were not in the story i guess you can't dislike them. I dislike beatty the most i mean he was a full out physco. He wanted to die and stuff, I mean who threatens a guy with a flame thrower(thats even bad for a physco), who is about to spend his whole life in prison(which makes it worse) really you got to be nuts.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My least favorite character in Fahrenheit 451 would have to be Mildred. One reason why i disliked Mildred is because she did not seem to care what was going on in the world around her. All of her attention at home was focused on the "parlor" walls and if she was not watching that or not at home, then she usually listened to her seashell in her ear. It bothered me that she did not care what was going on in the world around her. Another reason why I did not like Mildred is because she seemed so distant from Guy. Mildred is Guy's wife and yet they sleep in separate beds from each other and are totally isolated from each other at home because all she does is watch the "parlor". If she really loved him and wanted to marry him, she should have a strong relationship with him and not be almost strangers to each other. In addition to this, I did not like Mildred because she called in the books that Montag had and just simply left him. I thought that this was really cruel for her to do to Montag because they were married and supposed to look out for each other but Mildred apparently did not seem to care as much and just turned him in. For these reasons I chose Mildred to be my least favorite character in Fahrenheit 451.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, Illinois, United States of America | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My least favorite character of this book would have to be Captain Beatty. I found him to be very corrupt. Beatty has a very aggressive personality. For example, he tells Montag all about burning things down is a simple solution to all kinds of problems. He just finds it amusing to watch roaring flames tear and burn away all problems and conflicts. I find that to be a very unhealthy personality in someone.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My least favorite chareacter in this story was Mildred. She wasnt't exactly the most true to Montag. SHe was always out with her other family and she never showed true emotions of love. Yes she read the one thing to him but he asked her to do it out of love and she wouldn't say no to that. She also turned him in for the pocession of books and that is what made me not like her. She was very unpredictable and I think that was her problem she was never truly honest with Montag.

Posts: 9 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Captain Beatty was my least favorite. If he was a real guy, a guy that I could see, I don't think I'd ever see him look happy. There was a part in the book were he said something along the lines of "burn everything...its clean..." When I saw that, I thought to myself "Wow, that guy must have alot of demons." Why would anyone else say that without hesitation if theres nothing in the past to "burn". He is very cold,broken, and hard inside. I don't like characters like that in stories, but yet, if he wasnt there, we'd be missing something.

Posts: 3 | Location: lemont, il usa | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of all the characters in the book, i would have to say that my least favorite was Mildred. She was so depressed and never showed emotion for her husband. yes there were those times that you would have to read into the fact that she loved him. I honestly felt bad for Montog, or any person that has dedicated their life to someone by marrying them and they dont welcome you with open arms. To live with that can really crush a persons self esteem, you have to be strong stable person to handle that! That totally brought me down while reading the book!

Posts: 3 | Location: woodridge, il, usa | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post