Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Dandelion Wine
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I loved Dandelion Wine. I am in eighth grade and my language teacher recommended the book for my book talk. I read it within a week or so and my book talk is in two days. I can't wait to share my thoughts on the book with the class. For my visual aid, I am making a poster and I have drawn all the different characters from Green Town. They are going around the edge. It looks great. I love DW...it amazed me. It was basically my jump from juvenile books to high school or adult level reading. I love the part where Colonel Freeleigh calls Jorge on the phone. Bradbury gives such great sensory details I feel as if I am the one walking through Mexico City. I couldn't get enough of that book. It was so irresistable, I might say. I couldn't put it down....it was nearly addicting! The Lonely One frightned me, and John Huff leaving left me with the feeling of an empty space in my heart. Tom Spaulding made me smile, and Leo Auffmann's Happiness Machine made me contemplate things. Though I may only be still a child, and most of you are adults I presume---I enjoyed this book with the utmost passion that the majority of you did. I better go pick some dandelions... Smiler

dandelions!!!

Posts: 1 | Location: indiana | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is wonderful, grace! Your teacher should be commended for such an astute recommendation. Your observations regarding the book are first rate belying your age. Are you aware that the long awaited sequel to Dandelion Wine is supposed to be released the first part of October? It is called Farewell Summer.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grace:
I loved Dandelion Wine...I better go pick some dandelions... Smiler

You lucky thing! To experience this work of art for the first time and to get it!

I am envious in much the same way as when I am with someone who goes to Disneyland for the first time!

Treasure these moments - adulthood comes all too quickly, but if you can hold on to the Wine, you have truly found the fountain of youth!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post