Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
i have always imagined this as the perfect cast

Montag--Kiefer Sutherland or Michael Biehn(the guy who protects Sarah Connor in Terminator)

Millie--Caneron Diaz(think Vanilla Sky)

Clarrise--Anna Paquin(Rogue from X-men)

Beatty--Tom Sizemore or Tommy Lee Jones

Faber--Ian Holm definitely, or maybe even Morgan Freeman

The lady who burns with her house--Kathy Bates

Misc. Fireman--Michael Madsen

Granger--Jeff Goldblum

There it is, the perfect cast

The O N E

Posts: 3 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good cast...
Better have a big budget... Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montag--Jason Priestly
Millie--Shannon Doherty
Beatty--Luke Perry
Faber--Ian Ziering
Granger--Brian Austin Green
Clarisse--Tori Spelling
got you all beat...haha!

The O N E

Posts: 3 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montag: Sean Bean
Captain Beatty: Hugo Weaving
Mildred: Allison Janney
Clarisse: Bryce Dallas Howard
Faber: James Cromwell
Granger: William Hurt

I've always had these actor and actresses in mind for the cast of a Fahrenheit 451 movie.

Montag Lives

Posts: 23 | Location: Nashville, IL | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY GONNA MAKE THIS MOVIE? IF THEY DO I HOPE ITS NOT A STRAIGHT TO VIDEO RELEASE WHICH I GET THE FEELING IT WILL BE. THIS COULD BE THE NEXT BIGGEST HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTER IF ITS DONE RIGHT. THERES SO MUCH POTENTIAL IN THIS STORY FOR A FANTASTIC MOVIE, I PRAY IT FALLS INTO THE RIGHT HANDS.

The O N E

posted Hide Post
ancestron,
I don’t know the answer to your question but I too hope that it will get first class treatment. I like your cast. Tori Spelling? Impudent...maybe.

GirlMontag,
What a well thought out cast. And Bryce Dallas Howard as Clarisse—intriguing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey hey... Michael Madsen would have been good! Smiler

Having just watched Michael Shannon in "99 Homes" I was curious about the cast for the 2018 remake. 99 Homes had the same director as the HBO F451.

If you follow this link (no warranty implied but I have tried to turn off the spoilers, prior to posting this URL) one reviewer on the Internet Movie Database told a story about students at UCLA lecturing Ray Bradbury about what the book was about! Heh.

(Edit: a bit more cross-referencing. Phil posted a capsule review of the the 2018 movie here

Side note about fidelity to a book btw: for me the benchmark for a dystopian movie sticking to the book was "The Road" starring Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce and others... Pearce would have make a good F451 guy too. Based on the brutal, unrelenting nightmarish story by Cormac McCarthy. Cripes.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Roman_K2,

Posts: 30 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: 31 March 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post