Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burned book
 Login/Join

posted
A few years ago, while I was moving, my Uhaul storage shed burned to the ground, taking with it my entire book collection, except the few I was reading during the move. I recovered only one book from the ashes: a hardcover copy of Farenheit 451. The spine is singed, the title is burned off, and the very edges of all the pages are blackened, but the book is still intact and readable. I just today finally recovered it from our secondary storage, where we took the few saved pieces.

I would love to get this copy signed, and to frame it. I mean, a burned copy of Farenheit 451, how cool is that? Does anyone know how I might go about getting this accomplished?

-Kyle Horseman

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! And somewhat creepy LoL

Watch for dandelion to post here. He might have some knowledge into what u seek.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LordShen:
That is awesome! And somewhat creepy LoL

Watch for dandelion to post here. He might have some knowledge into what u seek.

I thought Dandelion was a she!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If no one else will see him sooner, I plan to on November 18th. I'll ask him to sign it for you.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion is most definitely a "she".

(hubba, hubba!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Dandelion is a "she," and Doug Spaulding is right. It is best to have someone who knows Ray deliver the book to be signed personally, then have that person mail it back to you, rather than try to mail it to Ray, who gets way too much to keep track of as it is.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
If no one else will see him sooner, I plan to on November 18th. I'll ask him to sign it for you.

That would be fantastic. I can't seem to find a private message function on this board, which is probably because there isn't one. Logically, right? So, if you could shoot me a quick email at k d f h o r s (at) yahoo dot com (Yay spambot avoidance. Yeah, obviously, no spaces and so forth. I say many obvious things.), I would appreciate it.

And Dandelion, glad we sorted out your gender. I was on a forum a while back where half the people got the idea that I was a "she" myself. My name is Kyle. I mean, come on.

Anyway, yeah, I did expect that it would end up being more complicated than just sending Ray a box. So I'm very grateful that I've found a helpful community here. I kind of wish I'd made an effort to do this three years ago when I first got the book back. I am strong in the ways of procrastination.

-Kyle Horseman

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a guy on the board named Jayne for a while. What became of him, I wonder?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he seemed like a nice fellow. If I remember correctly, he himself was an illustrated man. That reminds me of the Cash song, A Boy Named Sue. You'd be a tough customer for sure with a handle like that.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm asking Nard if he wants to take this one.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard's a warrior for sure.

(of the good kind)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last name is Cloyd, but many people either do not remember it or mispronounce it, so I jokingly mention to people that I was going to name my son Floyd Lloyd Cloyd, or it could have been Lloyd Floyd Cloyd, but I decided against it and name him Anthony. And all of this in thinking of a Boy Named Sue.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll email the fellow... I'll see Ray this week, but then not for another couple weeks. By then Doug Spaulding may be able to do it.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I already told Kyle that I would take on the task. Won't see Mr B till October 22, then again November 18, and 19.

Will try not to fail!

"Live Forever!"