Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    halloween tree

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

halloween tree
 Login/Join

posted
This is my all time favorite. How come it never comes up???? I have the vhs cartoon of this and it is awsome. My 6 year old son watches it at least once a week. He loves it. Is there any way to get it on dvd?? The tape is wore out and my vcr ate 2 of them. I dont mind buying them but a dvd or download would really help. Thank you Ray for the greatest halloween story ever.My childhood was a lot like this book, and it brings back a LOT of memories.

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't find that it was ever released on DVD. Is this the only tape with which your VCR has trouble? If not you might just get another VCR. There are a few fairly newish tapes for sale on eBay and probably Amazon.com and other places. If you don't want to go with VHS again, you might see if you can contact whoever produced the VHS tape and ask them about DVD. Point out that the show won an Emmy and deserves to be available.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...or hold out until October and hope Cartoon Network runs it again.

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have been looking for the DVD with no luck. My son watches it all the time.
quote:
Originally posted by mickyfinn66:
This is my all time favorite. How come it never comes up???? I have the vhs cartoon of this and it is awsome. My 6 year old son watches it at least once a week. He loves it. Is there any way to get it on dvd?? The tape is wore out and my vcr ate 2 of them. I dont mind buying them but a dvd or download would really help. Thank you Ray for the greatest halloween story ever.My childhood was a lot like this book, and it brings back a LOT of memories.

Posts: 1 | Location: richmond, va, usa | Registered: 10 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are currently three copies (vhs) of this movie for sale on e bay, all under $10.00 at the moment. Go for it!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One might also check Amazon's site - looks like there's 10 or so VHS copies up there.

I couldn't find any information on a DVD version. With the right computer equipment (ie, a good video capture card and a good VCR), it could be converted to DVD, without all the fancy DVD menus and such.

Posts: 32 | Location: Provo, Utah, USA | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have been looking for this on DVD but it doesn't seem to be produced in that format. I've bought 2 coppies of the VHS, we watch it all the time - As far as I know Cartoon Network put out the last VHS copy of it but I can't seem to find a way to contact them through their website. I only found the VHS available in stores one year, never again. Had to buy my second copy used. This is an excellent show and really should be on DVD for future generations otherwise it could go the route of Mad Monster Party which was unavailable for almost 20 years, before the high price of bootleg copies finally showed the owners of the copyright that it was worth making available to the public.
-David

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 10-12-2004).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the proper video/computer equipment, but alas, I do not have the video of The Halloween Tree...(wink, wink)

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post