Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
groon,
I have a feeling Hackman won't play Beatty, but I feel like the movie wouldn't be as good as it could be without him. Kevin Spacey could go either way, really. He's a good actor.
As for the Matrix sequels, they were mildly entertaining, but not nearly as good as the first.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grasstains, Hilary Duff would be a better Clarisse than Avril Lavigne. Avril is a punk rocker. Hilary is a real girl.

Posts: 12 | Location: Andover, Kansas, USA | Registered: 06 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montag should be played by Tom Hanks, he's cool. Mildred and Clarrise should be the same person again so it is just as confusing.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wausau | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montag- tom cruise
Beatty- mel gibson
Mildred-nicole kidman
Clarisse-julia stiles
Faber-tom hanks
Granger-morgen freeman

Posts: 7 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with whoever says some actors and actresses that are american. All other actors are no-namers and english actors are pretty dumb and cheesy.

Posts: 6 | Location: Wausau, Wisconsin, United States | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swifter,
Not sure I get your drift about no namers. I personally like when no namers or at least quasi no namers are cast. They usually fit the characters better and are more believable.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I WARNED YOU!!!

Montag - Popeye
Clarisse - Olive Oyle
Captain Beatty - Brutusk
Mildred - The Sea Hag
Faber - Poopdeck Pappy
Granger - Wimpy
The Hound - Sweet Pea
The Firemen - Goons

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not the Jeep as the Hound? I yam disgustipated!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't remember "the Jeep". Who or what is it? I haven't seen Popeye in well over twenty years, still I thought I did good in remembering The Sea Hag and her Goons.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Eugene, the green jeep" was a clever little dog that could make itself invisible when times got tough. I believe it had an especially keen appreciation for eating orchids, of all things.

The goons! Now "they" were strange.

Friends and foes: http://www.everwonder.com/david/popeye/friends.html
http://www.everwonder.com/david/popeye/index.html

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 11-29-2004).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have to say i would personally lock myself up in my house with books and burn it down if Hilary Duff or Avril Lavigne ever played Clarisse. They are about the farthest things from the character of Clarisse that i could possibly imagine. Have you guys even read the book? Just because they are stars doesn't mean they should be in a movie, or that they can act for that matter. *shudder*

Posts: 6 | Location: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Love this game everytime we do it (I believe I posted it first a couple of years ago).
Here are my standard castings:

Montag:Hugo Weaving (good at showing suffering)

Beatty: Harvey Keitel (good at being a villian who believes in his cause)

Millie: Dee Wallace (good at ACTING vacant,fragile and afraid - a follower)

Faber: Morgan Freeman (enough said)

Clarisse: has to be an unknown

Now hopping on board the fun casting:

Montag: Bill Murray

Beatty: John Belushi

Millie: Jane Curtain

Faber: Dan Akroyd

Clarisse: Gilda Radner

Granger: Steve Martin

Granger's Pals (their names escape me): Buck Henry, Dick Gregory

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fahrenheit 420 remake:

Montag: ice cube
Millie: beyonce
Captain Beatty: chris rock
Clarisse: jlo
Faber: cedric the entertainer
Misc Fireman: wu-tang clan
Granger: dave chappelle

Posts: 2 | Location: poofuckville, usa | Registered: 01 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
god, that would be a funny movie. seriously, i think they should make a REAL movie and then another one with that cast.

I don't know why, but i've allways imagined Ian McKellen as he was in X-Men as Beatty.

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a gender switcheroo?
What females could play Montag, Faber, Beatty & Granger and what men could pull of the now male roles of Clarisse, Mrs. Hudson & Millie?

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post