Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
 Login/Join

posted
Here is who i think should be cast and why:

Montag: Viggo Mortensen (he's very good at looking as if he has the wieght of the world upon his shoulders)

Millie: Winona Ryder (she's a very good actress, and would be the best at playing someone like Millie, and she hasn't done as many recent movies as others)

Captain Beatty: Jason Isaacs (he is excellent at portraying villains, such as in "The Patriot".)

Clarisse: Nicki Brock (she is a young unknown, and would be very good in that particular role)

Faber: Ian Holm (it is only to easy to imagine him as a cooky little old man running around)

Misc Fireman: William H. Macy (He is a brilliant actor, and fits so many different roles, but this one would be very good for everyone)

Granger: Hugo Weaving (He oozes intelligence. He is Granger.)

cast me!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, how about Joaquin Phoenix as Montag? I think he could really make the subject matter meaningful by helping the audience connect to the internal workings of the character.

I don't know about Hugo Weaving. I don't think I could ever get over thinking of him as "Agent Smith."

Okay, I must end this post before I start a rant about how wonderful the Matrix sequels were.

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 09-22-2004).]

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also enjoyed the Matrix trilogy, and refer to them in my philosophy classes frequently.

Check out:

THE MATRIX AND PHILOSOPHY: WELCOME TO THE DESERT OF THE REAL. Ed. William Irwin. Open Court Press, Chicago. 2002.

TAKING THE RED PILL: SCIENCE, PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGION IN "THE MATRIX". Ed. Glenn Yeffeth. Benbella Books, Dallas. 2003.

EXPLORING THE MATRIX: VISIONS OF THE CYBER PRESENT. Ed. Karen Haber. St. Martin's Press, NY. 2003.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-22-2004).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montag- Adrian Brody

Millie- Molly Shannon

Clarisse- Hillarry Duff or Avril Lavigne

Beatty- Alec Baldwin

Faber- Dennis Hopper

Granger- Avery Brooks or Morgan Freeman

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 09-23-2004).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...or get the cast of SIENFELD back together.

Montag- Jerry

Millie- Elaine

Clarisse- Elaine (with blonde hair, ponytails and mini-skirt)

Beatty- Newman

Faber- Kramer

Granger- George

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 09-23-2004).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um, were you smoking something when you wrote that or just really tired?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the Matrix Trilogy, I must say I really enjoyed the first Matrix movie. Although many ideas and its philosophical themes seemed to have been taken from other sources (o.k., some of them you can trace way back to ancient sources like Plato's Cave Anology, but most of these themes have been dealt with in many recent books or films - especially in the sf genre), it is still an excellent film - a good composition of its own. But then, I was really disappointed by the second part. I liked the new figure of the keymaker, but that was about the only new innovation - the rest seemed just like a pallid reminiscence of the first part. Didn't even watch the third part yet, because I heard from so many friends they were very disappionted with it.
I think the theme of "multi-dimensional simulations" or matrices is developed very nicely in Simulacron 3 by Daniel F. Galouye - I think this book is from 1964(?).

Posts: 62 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, the collection of short, animated films called The Animatrix is worth watching! Some really new ideas integrated into the Matrix setting in there. My favourite is the film "Beyond", about a haunted house turning out to be a small malfunction in the matrix...

Posts: 62 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion,

No, I don't smoke pot.

I just thought a little variation was needed because the casting couch game seems a little played out.

Next I'm gonna cast it with cartoon characters.

posted Hide Post
How about "Gilligan's Island"?

The castaways are bored and out of things to do when suddenly a copy of Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451" drops from a passing plane. Immediately they mount their own production.

Montag: Gilligan
Millie: Ginger
Clarisse: Mary Ann
Beatty: Thurston Howell III
That leaves Skipper and the Professor as Faber and Granger. Which for which?
Shakespeare's Cleopatra (One of the "Book People"): Lovey Howell

No books, no plays, no short stories
Not a thing that's literary
Like Robinson Car-u-so
They burned 'em, yes-sir-ee!
So join us here next week, my friends,
You're sure to have some fun
With a bunch of crazy Bradbury Fans
Casting Fahrenheit 451!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, we didn't realize that along with your many artistic qualities, themes songs were a strong point!!

grasstain, Seinfeld!? What a "hoot!"
In all seriousness:
http://www.classic-tv.com/shows/addamsfamily.asp
Morticia Frump Addams-Clarisse
Gomez Addams-Montag
Uncle Fester Frump-Beatty
Lurch-Faber
Grandmama Addams-Mildred
Pugsley Addams-Stoneman
Wednesday Friday Addams-Black
Toss up? Cousin Itt / Thing-Mechanical Hound

or
http://www.classic-tv.com/shows/munsters.asp
Herman Munster-Montag
Lily Munster-Mildred
Grandpa Munster-Beatty
Eddie Wolfgang Munster-Mechanical Hound
Marilyn Munster-Clarisse
Spot-the 451 station house fire engine

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THING as the mechanical hound. Brilliant. Could you imagine being chased by a hand.
FEE-FI-FO-FI I'm Gonna Poke You In Your Eye.

posted Hide Post
Actually, that'd be kind of creepy, being chased by a disembodied hand!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would be a great cast:

Montag--Kevin Spacey
Faber--Morgan Freeman
Beatty--Gene Hackman

ok, well the others can vary, but these three could perfectly portray these characters in my opinion.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yestermorrow,
Gene Hackman as Beatty? THANK YOU! I've been saying that for years! I still like Kevin Spacey as Granger, however.

As for the matrix, sorry, but I guess sarcasm doesn't read too well in print. I loved the 1st matrix, but HATED the sequels! So much nothing masquerading as something meaningful! Plus the effects blew... That freeway chase/fight was alright though.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post