Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sequel?
 Login/Join

posted
What do you think the sequel will be like, more exciting?

WORD! (Naters)

Posts: 12 | Location: lemont,IL,USA | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there even going to be a sequal because i think that the way they ended was perfect!!!!

Posts: 5 | Location: lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, IF there is going to be a sequel I would think it would be about Montag and the other "Book people" recreate life full of books just as it was before the nuclear bomb and how everyone will become enlightened by what they had been missing throughout their entire life. But thats if there is a sequel and it wouldn't be very long because that really isn't much to talk about.

WORD!!! (MIKE)

Posts: 6 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a sequel to Fahrenheit 451 because I would want to see how the people react to a society where books are allowed and even sacred. The people in that town are not used to books and other forms of literature. They are used to technology. They don�t even story tell a lot. I also think that all of the firemen who hated books will try to be rebellious and not read. However, everybody else will be trying to get them to read because they realized what they missed out on through all the years without books. The firemen will feel like they are not needed now that they aren�t starting the fires. Montag and Faber will probably open up their own bookstore and be famous for helping to make the books become allowed. They will be heroes in a way. Mildred will probably try to win Montag back after everyone likes him again. However, I think that Montag won�t take her back because she is so selfish and doesn�t support his decisions or anything he does. He will realize that he didn�t really love her. Montag will find real love in someone else, someone like Clarisse�s character. A character that is an observer and brings out the best in people and is supportive would be perfect for Montag.

Posts: 3 | Location: illinois | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah they ended the book alright then could have added another part or even another book to the end. like what they did when they got to the city was everyone dead would faber come back would the hound have survived some how and still be hunting him down. and how would they rebuild the city could they even go near it so many, almost to many unanswered questions.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kayellebee:
I would like to see a sequel to Fahrenheit 451 because I would want to see how the people react to a society where books are allowed and even sacred. The people in that town are not used to books and other forms of literature. They are used to technology. They don�t even story tell a lot. I also think that all of the firemen who hated books will try to be rebellious and not read. However, everybody else will be trying to get them to read because they realized what they missed out on through all the years without books. The firemen will feel like they are not needed now that they aren�t starting the fires. Montag and Faber will probably open up their own bookstore and be famous for helping to make the books become allowed. They will be heroes in a way. Mildred will probably try to win Montag back after everyone likes him again. However, I think that Montag won�t take her back because she is so selfish and doesn�t support his decisions or anything he does. He will realize that he didn�t really love her. Montag will find real love in someone else, someone like Clarisse�s character. A character that is an observer and brings out the best in people and is supportive would be perfect for Montag.

kayellebee, I agree with you, I would like to see a sequel to this book. For the people that lived in this city it would be just like starting over, and they would not be used to it, some would even have to learn how to read! The people in this society are so used to having rules and basically not really having to deal with any emotions, that when they start reading books they will be faced with so many different emotions, like in the book when Montag reads the poem Mrs. Phelps cries because she was so overwhelmed with emotion just from this one poem. So just imagine what will happen when the whole city starts to read. Also, if they made a sequel to Fahrenheit 451, how do you think the firemen will react to everyone reading books? Will there even be any firemen? What kind of new jobs do you think there will be in this new society of books and imagination?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A sequel to the book F451 would be a good thing.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you write a good enough sequel to this book? I dont know, that is a tough job to do. I believe the sequel would be about how the people revolt against the firefighters and against the government. The whole world of Fahrenheit 451 would change and maybe make the book more interesting that it already is. That would be an interesting and fun book to read. I would definitely read the sequel to this book. But, Ray Bradbury would have a tough time making a book good enough to equal up to this one. I think the title should be Fahrenheit 0 because there would be no more firefighters burning stuff. Instead, there would be more of a world like today and not as much book burning as that time. I hope that he does do a sequel but i wouldnt be mad if he doesnt because u have to give him props for writing a book like this one.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the sequel is going to be very good because F451 is a very good book. If the 1st book is good I will hope that the 2nd book would be good. Also I would like to see where Montag ended up. I also want to know if Montag ever got caught.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post