Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Illustrated Man

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Illustrated Man
 Login/Join

posted
When I was still a young man, a novice really, I wrote to Ray Bradbury for advice. He told me to write a short story a week for two years, then maybe put them together into some kind of novel. He told me (very humbly I thought) that this is what he had done with The Illustrated Man and The Martian Chronicles.

I had always loved The Illustrated Man, both for the idea of the main character, whose tatoos moved at night to tell stories, but always drove the watchers away in the end. When I went back to it after Ray's correspondence (he graciously allowed me to call him that), the light just went on. Following his advice, I wrote more stories, and wove them together with an outside narrative as he had done. The result was my first completed novel, Within a Crimson Circle, which would not exist without him.

If anyone (is it possible that Mr. Bradbury himself checks these boards) would like to read the book inspired and guided by his thoughts, you can do so free at www.aragornbooks.com

So thanks again, Ray.

Yours (as he used to write to me),

Christopher Leadem, Author/Publisher
Aragorn Books

Posts: 3 | Location: Centennial, Colorado, USA | Registered: 20 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post