Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Nightshade and Dark's Pandemonium Brewing

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nightshade and Dark's Pandemonium Brewing
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Bradbury fans and all the ships in space.
Ive been a huge Bradbury fan all my life, which lead me to this day: We have opened Nightshade and Dark's Pandemonium Brewing in Waukegan, across the street from the newly dedicated statue of Ray. Our beers are all primarily named and themed from Ray's work. I have a 55' TV running Ray Bradbury Theater with subtitles continuously, and we are on the committee planning his 100th birthday celebration. Each beer has a one sheet story explaining where the name comes from and why. Our current taplist includes:
All Summer In A Day - Farmhouse Ale with Watermelon
Dark They Were and Golden Eyed - Dark American Ale
Sparks On the Rainspouts - Smoked Wheat Ale with Vanilla
Million Year Picnic - Mild Red Ale
The Ravine - American Imperial Stout

Future Beer:
Burial At Sea - Heffeweizen
Mister Pale - American Pale Ale
Square Pegs - Belgian IPA
The Foghorn - Belgian Cru with coriander and orange peel (collaboration with Harbor Brewing)
Wield The World - Barrel aged smoked wheat beer
Payment in Full - Barrel aged Belgian Dubbel
The Veldt - California Common made with South African Hops

We are donating 25 cents from every full beer to the Waukegan Library (which is across the street)
We will also be participating with the park district to help restore the Carnegie Library and working with the proposed ray Bradbury Museum.

If you make the pilgrimage to Green Town, please stop by even to just say hi. Tell me you saw this and a beer is on me. This is about giving back to the community, regardless of what community that is.
https://www.facebook.com/Night...ing-293395431069113/

LIVE FOREVER!

Posts: 1 | Location: Waukegan (Greentown) | Registered: 19 September 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mikewestphal>
posted
OMG

Reply With QuoteReport This Post