Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Mr. Bradbury...we all bear your torch now....thank you!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr. Bradbury...we all bear your torch now....thank you!
 Login/Join

posted
I'm to emotional to write as of this moment but I will reiterate a quote from one of my posts in 2007:

"He has inspired me from the age of thirteen years old when in search of comic books in an old book store (which unfortunately are disappearing at a rapid rate) I came across a copy of Bloch and Bradbury and Bloch became my uncle warning me of a dangerous world and Bradbury became my grandfather warning me the same but opening my eyes to what could be a better universe. I learned to see with the eyes of Douglas at thirteen. Whether at the Jersey shore or at time square in the winter or even just a hot summer day in urban Hoboken...I learned to see the people and the terrain in a "bradburian way."

My definition of a "bradburian way" is simple: open your eyes and the other five senses (including that elusive sixth) and the world will become "art." People will be portraits. Cities, suburbs and open lands will become beautiful landscapes. Three dimensional objects will become "still lifes" with deep, hidden meanings. I think Bradbury sees and he wants us (the Human Race) to open all our senses to this wonderful universe we live in and see the possibilities."

Yes, we all bear his torch now and we must all become the ones that inspire and open the eyes of our future generations...

Thank you Mr. Bradbury.

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post