Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray Bradbury and Rush (the Band)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury and Rush (the Band)
 Login/Join

posted
Though I nevr knew this when i first heard this song, the Body Electric from Rush's Graxe Under Pressue, written by Neil Peart, was inspired by Ray.

quote:
One humanoid escapee
One android on the run
Seeking freedom beneath a lonely desert sun

Trying to change its program
Trying to change the mode -- crack the code
Images conflicting into data overload

(Chorus)
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
S.O.S
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
In distress
1-0-0-1-0-0

Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Unit One's in trouble and it's scared out of its wits

Guidance systems break down
A struggle to exist -- to resist
A pulse of dying power in a clenching plastic fist...
(Chorus)

It replays each of the days
A hundred years of routines
Bows its head and prays
To the mother of all machines

It was this song that go me into Ray Bradbury and it was Ray Bradbury who inspired Neil Peart to write the song and to have an impact on me.

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 11 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great song! I saw Rush last summer (on Bastille day, by chance!) and they were AWESOME!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groon:
What a great song! I saw Rush last summer (on Bastille day, by chance!) and they were AWESOME!

Oh, I loved it too. I saw Rush at Staples and the 30th at Chula Vista. But like I said, I got more into Ray after finding out that Neil loved his work.

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 11 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rush is pretty good and ray inspiring it makes it coolier

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post