Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray Bradbury/edgar Allen Poe

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury/edgar Allen Poe
 Login/Join

posted
Hello-
I'm doing a project comparing the two authors mentioned in the title. Now I'm not cheating by asking you for any answers (but if you could supply some, that would be just okay with me! ^_^), but for resources...

I must compare the two author's writing styles. I haven't read any material of Ray Bradbury in quite a while, so I was wondering if someone could recommend a website or a book that really emphasises Bradbury's style of writing. This would be very helpful to me. Thank you for any information anyone could give me and your time.

(By the way, I saw another post asking about EAPoe and Bradbury. Coincidence? I think not...)

Posts: 4 | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In answer to the question by lethal,
Was Ray Bradbury influenced by Edgar Allen Poe? If so, how was he? Has Poe influenced any other authors (preferably European)? Any help is welcome and greatly appreciated.

I wrote:
Yes, he started reading Poe's stories at the age of 8. Poe appears as a character in the short story "The Exiles," and is mentioned in several of Ray's poems and his nostalgic Halloween article. "Usher II" is based on a Poe theme.

By the way, guys, it's Edgar Allan Poe, and I'd suggest you start with these. Perhaps someone else could suggest specific Bradbury titles to be compared with specific Poe titles.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I saw your response to the other post, but i'm afraid that that information doesn't really help in the project, at least not in this specific classroom. But I do thank you for your help!

(By the way, Edgar Allan Poe...just used to typing "Allen." thanks for the correction)

Posts: 4 | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post